[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Elizabeth Parrish, CEO of Bioviva USA Inc. has become the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 16
File: 1448784372456.jpg (21 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1448784372456.jpg
21 KB, 400x388
>Elizabeth Parrish, CEO of Bioviva USA Inc. has become the first human being to be successfully rejuvenated by gene therapy, after her own company’s experimental therapies reversed 20 years of normal telomere shortening.

It's happening. Hope christcucks won't ruin this and make it illegal. We're on our way to immortality.
>>
they ruin everything
throw your hope in the garbage, you won't need it on this planet
>>
>>8022199
Its probably not true. She supposedly flew to bolivia to get it done
>>
File: genetherapy.png (37 KB, 678x559) Image search: [Google]
genetherapy.png
37 KB, 678x559
>>8022199
Pic related
>>
>>8022205
>[citation needed]
>>
>>8022209
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/542371/a-tale-of-do-it-yourself-gene-therapy/
>>
>>8022199
>Hope christcucks won't ruin this and make it illegal

They'll try, but it won't last long when rich and powerful Americans start asking why the Chinese can have eternal youth and they can't.
>>
File: DNA-methylation-levels-512x464.png (353 KB, 512x464) Image search: [Google]
DNA-methylation-levels-512x464.png
353 KB, 512x464
what is the evidence that telomere shortening is the problem of aging again? how about the fact that dna methylation goes down leading to gene deregulation
>>
>>8022219
Telomere shortening is part of it, once you start eating into coding DNA things go south quickly
>>
>>8022222
I hate quints, kys
>>
>>8022199
So mice are immortal now rite guyz?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (31 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
31 KB, 480x270
>>8022222
>>
>>8022231
Are you an idiot? It clearly says that this gene therapy was tried on humans for the first time now and was successful.
>>
>>8022199
Telomeric shortening is not the end all of aging.

Lest anything with somatic conservation of telomerase display negligible senescence and immortal lab rats who have been used in these experiments be plentiful.
>>
>>8022222
Hot damn second time this week

>>8022250
It is something that we can plausibly deal with with todays technology though, so its a start
>>
File: 1388165151852.gif (852 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
1388165151852.gif
852 KB, 240x176
>>8022199
IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING, GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN ALREADY!
>>
>>8022241
And what do they test this therapy on before humans.

Try not to strain yourself.
It starts with an m and ends with and ice.
You can do it, I believe in you :)
>>
>>8022260
I think you have a severe mental disorder, because your comment was very detached from the topic, and you made a very tangential, thought-disordered connection to it that made literally no sense.

Better start seeing a mental health professional and take anti-psychotics before your disease further degenerates.
>>
>>8022260
They have an alarming tendency to become riddled with cancer too
>>
>>8022282
The point he was making is that we have been doing this to mice for a while, and there are no immortal mice. There are however mice with extended lifespans, and many many mice with cancer
>>
>>8022287
he wasn't trying to make any point, he just wrote the usual knee reflex post that gets written everytime we talk about aging
>>
>>8022292
Nope, that describes perfectly what I meant.
>>
>>8022292
Perhaps, but we actually have been doing this to mice for years
>>
>>8022199
A cure for cancer remains an iron barrier to the cure for aging.

Don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>8022301
increased cancer rates linked with short telomeres
>>
What are the philosophical consequences of humans being able to live to 500?
>>
>>8022438
They will get older and live longer.
>>
>>8022456
I don't think you've thought that through very much.
>>
If this happens, this is the end of the last form of justice or equality on earth.

Soros, Rockefeller and Rothschild will be 10,000 fucking years old.

That doesn't horrify you at all?
>>
>>8022199
I like how the CEO tested it on herself. That takes some guts.
>>
>>8022438
Terrible people will not die. Think about Kim Jong Un remaining in power forever.

Think about how fearful western people will become of injury and death. The politicians and the people will capitulate to browns who dont fear death.
>>
>>8022482
In 100 years time people will be irrelevant anyway, due to strong AI arising. No human will have power on other humans; AI will eventually rule us all. And living forever under its government will be as close to utopia you may ever get.
>>
>>8022492
Still need people to program the AI.
>>
>>8022470
As long as it's affordable for the masses.

Hell even nowadays rich people like that have significantly longer lifespans
>>
>>8022492
Why are "futurists" as delusional as flat earthers and Jesus riding on a dinosaur 6,000 years ago people?

It's like education is no inhibitor for retardation at all.
>>
>>8022492
We are morally obligated to not let AI take over even if it means killing ourselves.

AI could make you immortal and torture you forever and roam the universe doing this to every feeling being
>>
>>8022470
It makes no difference to me, as soon as they die someone else would take their place.
>>
>>8022199
>he is scared to die

manchildren like you drive the planet to the gorund
>>
>>8022507
New hope and freedom dawned after Mao and Franco keeled over on their own, the same might happen any day now with Castro.
>>
>>8022508
>he doesn't want to live longer
It's okay, just an hero now Mr. Bravery.
>>
File: 1460686971254.png (868 KB, 1218x686) Image search: [Google]
1460686971254.png
868 KB, 1218x686
>>8022222
I respect these digits more than your post
>>
> life
> fun

Pick one. I do not know why anyone would want to live longer than they have to.
>>
>>8022519
You don't have to keep living now.
>>
>>8022519
The problem isn't just dying, it's the 'ticking bomb' feeling you get when you realise that as you grow older, you gradually become uglier and weaker until you're a husk of your former self. Your own image is destroyed and it must be very painful to realise that you'll never be in your prime again, getting a second chance to do the things that you never did as a youngster, but cannot do as an old man. If we all stayed young-looking and died at 80 for example, the quest for immortality might not be that urgent for us, but such is life that we don't even get that.
>>
File: NWO.jpg (222 KB, 1005x1024) Image search: [Google]
NWO.jpg
222 KB, 1005x1024
Oh you sillies!
It's not for you!
It's for me and my friends
>>
>>8022544
Every advanced technology that's now common started out as being only for the rich.
>>
>>8022544
It's OK

Let them take all the risk with experimental procedures, I wouldn't be one of the first people with this even if I had the money
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 282x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 282x415
So hang on

Are we actually there already?

The way everyone was talking about this until now suggested it was still at least 30 years away

What has actually happened?
>>
>>8022561
>>8022547
typical goyim
we will of course inject the specamin inside you first to see if you die or not
haha
>>
>>8022574
Fuck off illiterate.
>>
File: pls.jpg (10 KB, 220x225) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
10 KB, 220x225
>>8022575
why is he an illiterate my good lad?
>>
>>8022580
>specamin
>>
>>8022570
Someone successfully lengthened their telomeres, a measure of aging. From what I know from taking bio years ago, telomeres are the strands of uncoded DNA at the end of your genetic code, which decompose every replication, and therefore the shorter they are, the older the individual is.

Theoretically, if someone were able to lengthen their telomeres, they would be able to live longer. However, this is the first human study of reversing aging, and we have basically no idea what the side effects are going to be in humans.
>>
I'm calling bullshit until someone can prove otherwise
>>8022212
That's pretty sketchy
>>
>>8022547
Planes are advanced technology.
Planes have been in use for over a hundred years.
Recreational plane ownership is still strictly the purview of the rich.

Wow it's almost as if the fact that cheaply made electronics are commonly owned by plebs doesn't mean that all luxury items will trickle down to people pike you....
>>
File: 1447799677395.jpg (53 KB, 440x570) Image search: [Google]
1447799677395.jpg
53 KB, 440x570
>>8022587
telomere shortening is natures way of removing corrupted genetic material and avoid errors (cancer).
by removing that security, they may have made more cell division possible but also dramatically increased the odds of defective cells.
>>
>>8022599
That's because there's no market for recreational planes among ordinary people. Most people wouldn't have a place to store one and couldn't either hire a pilot or go through training to get a pilot's license.
>>
>>8022604
>there's no market for FLYING among regular people
Seriously?

>Most people wouldn't have a place to store one and couldn't either hire a pilot or go through training to get a pilot's license.

So why are you so certain that normal people will eventually be able to afford the infrastructure and trained personnel required to undergo anti-aging therapy?
>>
>>8022607
>So why are you so certain that normal people will eventually be able to afford the infrastructure and trained personnel required to undergo anti-aging therapy?
Because they already afford to pay for all kinds of things that require infrastructure and trained personnel?
>>
>>8022498
It's like you have no argument to reply. Why bother?
>>
>>8022611
So then why can't they afford to own planes?
>>
>>8022638
There has been zero progress towards strong AI. I'm not someone telling the Wright Brothers they can't make balsawood fly, I'm telling you you can't flap your fucking bare arms hard enough to fly no matter how much you work out.
>>
>>8022645
Idk what you're on about, people regularly own small 2 person planes, it's not cheap but it's definitely not out of an upper middle class reach and definitely not for the elite
>>
>>8022199
>christcucks
Fuck off faggot Christians are the most persecuted religion right now.Nobody stops science from doing whatever they want more than atheist liberal cucks you mongoloid.
>>
>>8022656
>upper middle class reach
Upper middle class are literally millionaires. You're claiming that the fact a millionaire can afford to own a small two seater plane means that recreational plane ownership is within reach of common people.

Do you hear yourself?
>>
>>8022470

Anyone with a weapon and a mental illness can solve that problem
>>
>>8022219
It's part of the problem, but there's a lot more to it than that.
If it were the only problem we'd have already made mice immortal.
>>
File: pepe.png (112 KB, 435x292) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
112 KB, 435x292
>>8022199
some people don't want to be cured
>>
>>8022674
Do you want to be able to afford a mansion flipping burgers at McDonald's?

Do you hear yourself? There's always gonna be things that are more expensive and there are always gonna be poor people, now stop bitching, the only way you get what you want is if the world goes communist and we all know how well that's worked before
>>
>>8022692
You're pretty fucking dumb aren't you?
Literally incapable of following along with a conversation.
>>
File: aubrey-de-grey-en-el-mussol[1].jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
aubrey-de-grey-en-el-mussol[1].jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
Is this guy even a scientist?

I am getting strong snake oil witch doctor vibes off from him
>>
>>8022702
Kek you're the one dragging on the plane metaphor, I only pointed out that it's quite possible for a non-elite to own an airplane.

Regardless, an airplane is a luxury, healthcare is not. Not to mention you don't have to have your own private doctor to have these kind of treatments, there are hospitals so the metaphor is shit.

A more apt metaphor is people not having access to airplanes, which guess what they do.
>>
>>8022646
Nah. Just look at what deepmind is doing. AI is exploding right now, and the boundaries between narrow and strong AI will become more and more blurred.
>>
>>8022710
The guys working for him are scientists. You can read their publications on sens.org
>>
>>8022282
>>8022292
you sound incredibly stupid as fuck
>>
>>8022722
Autism, everyone.
>>
>>17613389
An important effect to this is the price to get this done. Itll create a much greater difference in our society's classes, the rich will live longer than the poor
>>
>>8022199
Does this mean I could start chainsmoking/drinking/doing a ton of drugs and then just use gene therapy? Sounds awesome.
>>
>>8022503
What is our current situation according to any religious system, Alex.
>>
>>8022222
>>8022219
>>8022199
I thougt it has already been debunked that stopping telomere shortening had anything to do with anti aging
>>
>>8022199
i hope you all realize she is going to die of terminal cancer at 100 and the therapy will be banned for 50+ years
>>
>>8023153
>Implying I won't chemprint a CRISPR to do this for less than $1 by the time that happens.

Just try to stop me faggots.
>>
How can I shorten my life by 20 years, /sci/? I don't want to kill myself but I want to stop living asap
>>
>>8022602
>WWII wouldn't have been won without enigma
Retards.
>>
>>8023213
Hard drugs (coke and heroin, not LSD)
Unprotected sex, especially any and bloodplay
Do extreme sports, daredevil stunts
Move to a very polluted area
>>
>>8023213
Start smoking and boozing, hard.
>>
>>8023221
*especially anal
>>
>>8023213
>I don't want to kill myself but I want to stop living asap

wat
>>
>>8022212
>first citation is reddit link
>it is the woman doing a Q&A on reddit

Evidently, the therapy didn't increase her intelligence.
>>
>>8022199

Better that the entire human species should go extinct, than that a single human being should be allowed biological immortality while others continue to die, or that all save one should become biologically immortal.

It shouldn't be done until it can be applied uniformly to all with a 100.0000000% success rate. You scale all simultaneously, or you scale none.

Happily, these people can still be killed. And they shall fear for their lives far more, under these circumstances.
>>
>>8023290
>implying human durability won't be improvable by the time senescence can be limited
>>
>>8023290
>meanwhile the third world countries keep shitting babies who legit won't die

I'd love to see how the overpopulation thing would work out if we got to that level
>>
>>8022199
>make it illegal
You can't make personal bodily decisions illegal. They tried with abortion and it didn't work. You can still get it done even when it's illegal, it's just a bit riskier.

Black markets FTW.
>>
>>8023565

That is the reason why I need to be living god in order to best scale the human expansion.

Committees can't do this. It requires a sufficiently powerful individual. And I ought to be that individual.

First, you scale the technology of biological immortality until it can be deployed along the lines that I indicated above.

Next, you either offer it to those who want it, or you foist it uniformly on everyone. Bear in mind that this is not immortality as-such, just arbitrary life extension, which entails the above supply chain. That also means, mercifully, that suicide remains possible, and given the utter strangeness of this new world, many will opt for this-which will open up spots for new lives.

Next, you manage population by variously shutting off or fairly limiting reproduction (I teleport eggs out of fertile women's bodies as I see fit), and then you give the species a mandate: go into space and terraform Mars if you want to make even more humans. And then they do, and then this happens, and then Mars is filled to capacity. Rinse and repeat. Now conquer everything, at least as far as it can be conquered.

One must always leave open the possibility of suicide. After all, in the long view it doesn't seem as though this universe is going anywhere fun or happy. And when you're done playing a video game, when you've gotten to level 99 and you've done everything there is to do, you wipe your save, turn the power off, and put the game back on the shelf. Maybe someone else will want to play someday, but not us, not anymore. We've done what there is to do.

This all presupposes that other durability tech has been developed, such that enough of the population are functionally able-bodied and sound-minded adults, so that this society can continue to function. No unintended consequences/undue misery, etc.
>>
What happens if her telomeres don't stop growing, eventually erupting out of every cell and tearing her apart before they start engulfing other nearby lifeforms to sustain their endless growth? Pretty risky, if you ask me. I know I wouldn't like to be eaten by a telomere, whatever they are.
>>
>>8023578

You have stupidly confused legality with physical capacity. Even most teenagers understand that the two are different things.

There is a law that says that you cannot possess, sell, or ingest drug X. Drug X is constituted in such a way that it is even relatively easy and cheap for law enforcement to determine whether you have recently ingested drug X (and nothing else!), so they can even get you that way too. The law is enforced, a conviction is got, a precedent established and followed.

What does it mean to say that something is legal or illegal? It means that the state in which you live has established certain laws, or codes of conduct, which you must not violate-or if you do, then they, the state, are going to punish you. States create laws to serve their own needs, enforce muh morality, and because studies can be performed which show that it is in their economic interest to enforce certain laws. Since we do not have perfect knowledge of everything about how the world works and also because states have separate powers, different states have different laws as culture dictates. This is also why we change laws. But your stupid claim is obviously still false on its face.

Of /course/ you can make personal bodily decisions illegal. It might not be a good idea, but /of course you can/ pass laws. You just have a state pass a law that says "You may not possess, ingest, or sell drug X. And if you do, and it can be proven in a Burgerland court of law that you do, resulting in a criminal conviction for this law, then you will automatically go to prison for five years." A law is first of all just words on a page, or lately a website. The trick is to then have enforcement enforce that law, which can also be done.

You even seem to think that muh abortion is a general proof of your stupid claim. Try looking up laws around the world regarding what one may do with their own body. In general, you're not allowed to use your own body to kill another person.
>>
File: 1405084228518.gif (745 KB, 414x317) Image search: [Google]
1405084228518.gif
745 KB, 414x317
>>8022199
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN
>>
>>8022287
And even normal mice and people get cancer, so it's not that bad really
>>
>>8022602
>written on Impact font lol
>>
>>8022470
Not even a 4th heart transplant could save the Rockafeller from time
>>
>>8023593
>And I ought to be that individual.
>I teleport eggs out of fertile women's bodies as I see fit

hmm guys, let's give control of our species to some faggot on 4chan who can't even use english properly.
>>
>>8023695

If all that you're reduced to is to come after me on grammar, since you're the one opening this door, then you need to do three things:

1) you need to ensure that the things you're calling me out on are actually grammatically incorrect (the former one barely counts, to the point that I will now inform you that it /doesn't/ count, and the latter just outright doesn't to begin with),

2) you need to capitalize the first letter in your sentence,

3) and you need to capitalize another word in your sentence which requires it.

>b-but you can't start a sentence with "And" i-it's wrong Ms. Grundy told me so---

I was writing something with an intended rhetorical effect. Once you are out of high school, you will learn that in rhetorical pieces, it is common for educated writers to begin sentences with "And", because it has a desirable rhythmic and rhetorical effect. So important at that, that the strict rules of grammar fall by the side because language is being used clearly, and for something more.

>b-but spelling isn't grammar Ms. Grundy t-told me that too---

Are you sensing yet how stupid this is getting on your part?
>>
File: atheism1.jpg (415 KB, 1331x394) Image search: [Google]
atheism1.jpg
415 KB, 1331x394
>>8022673
>>
>>8023290
What an absolutely evil, anti-human sentiment. "If I can't have it then nobody can!" Fortunately t's almost inevitable that only the rich will be able to afford such a thing just as only the rich can afford things most people can't like better health care which allows them to live longer and recover from things most people can't.
>>
>>8023630
You are putting entirely too much effort into things that weren't in my post. You can't make everything illegal because laws aren't adeterminist processes.

There is some subset of things that can be made illegal on an effective basis, and there are some things that literally can't be made illegal because literally nobody would ever enforce it. Some set of things that we can imagine being made illegal are actually physically impossible to get legislated. If you don't understand that the way people think about laws tends towards principled though and generally never has anything to do with maximum possible effectiveness then you're either autistic in a very real and literal sense or just the troll that's been bothering /x/ and /sci/ for the past couple of months.
>>
>>8023974
>A lack of faith is not faith
>I play with words to make it look like I’m smart
>>
>>8024002
>unintentionally self-projecting your own mental deficiency.
>>
>>8023996
>tends towards principled thought
fix
>>
>>8024016
>I lack bread
>A lack of food is not food
You are the one with mental deficiency.
>>
>>8023904
>women's bodies
the problem lies in the first word of the two above, fucking genius.
>>
Hey guys check out my YouTube
https://youtu.be/ZiERtuYe_io
>>
>>8023996

>You are putting entirely too much effort into things that weren't in my post.

You: >>8023578 : "You can't make personal bodily decisions illegal."
Me: >>8023630 : "Of course you can, you stupid idiot. You need a piece of text written somewhere which is then acknowledged as legitimate by some state. Ideally, you should then be able to enforce the law, but even if a society lacks either the will or means, this of itself does not change the fact that X is illegal. Oh and by the way let me suggest that many personal bodily decisions both are and should be illegal."

This establishes that I am putting effort into something that WAS in your stupid post. And since it is my pleasure to do so, it's not entirely too much effort.

You veer towards understanding what words mean versus what the worlds' reality entails in your second paragraph here, but you promptly get stupid again when you write that "there are some things that literally can't be made illegal because literally (twice, nice) nobody would ever enforce it." You are committing the same mistake. You are confusing the physical (in)capacity (both to commit crime, and the potential absence of social/political will to enforce a given law) to follow the law, with the legal and yes, even physical fact of a law's existence. You continue this confusion when you say that "legislation" is "physically impossible". On the contrary, old men writing down a law which is then officially recognized by the state is the easy part. What you meant to say at this point is that /enforcement/ is physically impossible, for whatever reason.

As one example, prohibition was in fact illegal from point-in-time A, to point-in-time B, when the law was changed. The fact that people on both sides didn't care, also did nothing to change that legal fact.

This risks losing the central point, though. Which is that the first complete sentence in your post >>8023578 is fantastically stupid. This is what you are obliged to defend.
>>
>>8024068
>which is then acknowledged as legitimate by some state
And that's not always going to be physically possible. Like I said, too much effort.
>>
>>8024068
>This is what you are obliged to defend.
Fite me IRL, faggot.
>>
>>8022470
how many people you think die from old age? Not many
>>
>>8024061

A possessive apostrophe typo was not a problem until you hypocritically made it one by dint of your own stupidity. The central point is that, having made typos yourself, you are not in a position to criticize others' :^) typos, faggot.

>>8023986

On the contrary, since death precludes meaning, preventing the rich from getting ahead in the only really ontologically meaningful sense is perfectly warranted. And as those who continue to live for a mere few decades will have comparatively nothing to lose, It is absolutely not evil. It (the impulse that none shall rise until all rise) is absolutely good, and pro-human. Your latter sentences are those of a disgusting slave morality to boot.

>>8024068

Ball's in your court. Explain to me again how "You can't make personal bodily decisions illegal". Whoops ya can't, because anyway you turn the sentence, it's idiocy. You can use your body, even in private situations with no other people around, to commit illegal acts all the time.

All three of you are done now, because you all got sidetracked on minor bullshit that never approached any central points. So much stupidity comprehensively dispatched. God-damn, 3/3 1.000. I fucking win.
>>
>>8024093
the correct usage is
>womens' bodies

you made a mistake, because you didn't know the correct usage of the apostrophe in that case. don't try to backtrack and bullshit us all by saying it was a typo, faggot.
>>
>>8024076
>doesn't even show up
Forget it, faggot.
>>
File: illegals are coming.jpg (43 KB, 563x330) Image search: [Google]
illegals are coming.jpg
43 KB, 563x330
>Her claim has entangled some high-profile American academics in a strange tale of do-it-yourself medicine that involves plane flights to Latin America, an L.A. film crew, and what’s purported to be the first attempt to use gene therapy to forestall normal aging.

>Mexican medicine and a film crew was necessary

ITS JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
>>8024141
>Purport
>Appear or claim to be or do something, especially falsely

I think the reporter agrees
>>
File: bolivia.jpg (95 KB, 556x320) Image search: [Google]
bolivia.jpg
95 KB, 556x320
“I am patient zero,” she declared

“I have aging as a disease.”

You heard it here. She is the first person diagnosed with aging. She now has a cure you can pay big bucks to have!

Pay the big bucks

Get rid of aging

Come to Bolivia
>>
>>8024154
So... Do you oppose immortality, the entire field of biology, or just trade based economies? Hard to tell.
>>
>>8024133

You're getting dumber by the second. You've been reduced further to stating your own case and

>b-butting

, requiring for your thing that you know that I don't understand possessive cases versus contractions, and so on. Because in order to salvage anything at all, /to be just the least bit right about anything at all/, you have to pretend that you know that I really didn't graduage high school and so it's impossible that I made a typo when in fact I do know better; no, you have to hang onto this toehold because it's all you have left.

THE CENTRAL POINT.

THE CENTRAL POINT, LET US NEVER EVER FORGET THE CENTRAL POINT.

The thing that actually matters is that you are a hypocrite because you can't capitalize your shit. Not to mention that you chose to go to the grammar-place in lieu of actually engaging with ideas. I will be very happy to decide that you may not reproduce.
>>
>>8024184

And I'll just let the graduage sit rather than correct it. :^)
>>
>>8022480
it also takes some greed.
>>
>>8024184
>I don't understand possessive cases versus contractions
there are no contractions involved, faggot. when the possessive noun is plural, the apostrophe goes after the s:
>womens' bodies

if it were a single woman, it would be
>woman's body

do you understand it now?
>>
>>8022480
Takes some narcissism
>>
>>8024231

You're too stupid to live and you don't even understand why. I'll just say one thing. contractions versus possessives are meant to illustrate both sides of a dispute. But that totally escaped you.

You are still on this spelling nonsense as if it even means anything, when you yourself fucked up. this conversation has not served any purpose since I won and declared victory in >>8024093 . Good bye.
>>
>>8022508
alright, faggot, then go ahead and die now if you don't value life
>>
>>8024028
Kek did this "" """""Comparison "" """"""" even make sense in your mind
>>
>>8023986
>Americans
>>
>>8023213
Lock yourself in a house.
Only leave to buy food.
Just browse the internet all day, but don't make friends.
Don't talk to anyone in physical space.

The loneliness will kill you.
>>
>>8023595
Lel
>>
>>8024480
>tfw already do all of this
But I suppose that was your intention
>>
>>8024061
That's correct though, you idiot
>>
>>8024486
I can feel myself wither away. A lonely man sees and feels that he ages but has nothing to look forward to.
>>
>>8024079
>not many

Do you think that cancer and other diseases that hit prevalently older people are magical?
>>
>>8024535
He said old age, I think he means more natural death, cancer and diseases prevalent among older people are age related, but not directly old age
>>
>>8024178
I oppose ridiculous claims of mortality and unscientific behavior in the field of biology under suspicious circumstances.

I don't understand where you get trade based economies involved.
>>
>>8022199]
breaking news:

you can re-lengthen your telomeres by eating healthy, this has been experimentally proven in humans

telomeres not shortening does not immortality provide, its only has a positive effect for healthier aging and preventing early death
>>
>>8022470
Rockefeller is probably already doing this shit. Guy is like 120 years old.
>>
>>8022470
methuselahs when?
>>
>>8022199
First of all, I'm not even sure this really happened or if it's just a marketing ploy, I have not been able to find anything online about the procedure itself, or even a report from a viable source. That being said...

Not only do we not have a strong method of lengthening telomeres globally in vivo, but we only *slightly* understand the role of telomere regions length in aging. Telomeres are one of many regulators of genetic stability. Epigenetics is such a deeply mysterious area right now, as it's turning most of our understanding of genetics upside down. It's one of several regulators of gene expression, and could potentially be one of the least important. "Aging" as most people think of it is the process of getting wrinkly, decrepit, experiencing decay in neurological function, etc. All of these things are multifactorial and NOT guided solely by telomere length. For a lot of the claims made in these articles on telomeric lengthening to be true, would require that the telomere sequence alone is reponsible for repair mechanism signalling, sole DNA stabilization function (ignoring acetylation, methylation, Poly adenylation, 5' Cap function, etc.) which is obviously not true. Regulation of gene expression is too complex to boil down to one phenomenon.

Anyway, there's my long winded post.
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.