[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
time it takes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 0b0.jpg (41 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
0b0.jpg
41 KB, 610x343
how many years would it take a human to mathematically solve every equation needed to run 10 seconds of a game like cs go?
no stopping or breaks
your rough estimates

pic unrelated
>>
bout tree fiddy
>>
>>8019659
30 frames per second * 10 * 900 pixels * 1600 pixels

I would say most of a day depending on how motivated you are. You mainly just have to solve some really big matrices, plus a little extra math on the side.
>>
>>8019680
more like 60*10*1080*1920

on the other hand you also have to interesect lines with cuboids and cuboids with cuboids, and calculate the next position of every movable object.
>>
>>8019686
>>8019680

Don't forget all the shading and texture-mapping and stuff like that. And all the code just for net-code, etc. Audio processing.
>>
the chinese are probably woring on it
>>
>>8019680
>30fps
>>
>>8019659
Figure out how many instructions are run on the CPU+GPU during 10 seconds of gameplay.

These instructions represent things like adding, multiplying, logical operations, rasterizing graphics, and looking shit up in memory, so it'd probably be ~5 seconds for each one if the person has a calculator and an infinite sheet of paper to use as the computer's memory that they can quickly scan through like a dictionary.

It's a lot and only a rough estimate.
>>
>>8019659
>>8019680
>>8020830

Are humans video game complete?
>>
>>8020842
You are retard complete
>>
>>8020846
ty, it took me several tries to pass this captcha and make this post.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.