[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 7 hours/night the minimum level of long-term sleep one should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: drastic.jpg (183 KB, 800x696) Image search: [Google]
drastic.jpg
183 KB, 800x696
Is 7 hours/night the minimum level of long-term sleep one should have?

Pic related from a study of the military
>>
my productivity hovers around 100 regardless of sleep, am i retarded
>>
>>8017717
I read somewhere that the grown adult needs exactly 7 and a half hours of sleep to function correctly
>>
>>8017717
What are 'rounds per tube'?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160420-181841.png (366 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160420-181841.png
366 KB, 1080x1920
>>8017717
http://www.nap.edu/read/4563/chapter/11#130
>>
>>8017717
For adults it's supposed to be between 7-8 hours for consistency, but more if you've been sleep deprived previous nights. I just wish this applied to waking up, I always feel like shit having to get out of bed even I've been sleeping for 10 hours. Also sometimes I've noticed I'll be MORE tired throughout the day if I keep sleeping than if I get up after 8 hours
>>
>>8018132
Yeah I can sleep 12 hours sometimes, but wake up so tired after. Not worth it
>>
>>8018132
I kind of fixed waking up tired as fuck by drinking a ton of water before I go to sleep. Literally a minute before I lay down. Most of the times I wake up fit.

Maybe your just dehydrated a bit
>>
>>8018149
>a ton of water ... wake up fit
Clearly you have mastered te art of vigorously sleepwalking to the toilet hundreds of times per night. Good work.
>>
>>8017717
>no values more than 7 hours

>no 0 hour control group

Bravo jarheads
>>
>>8018480
>>8018149
i thought that the tactic was going to be you having no choice of sleeping late as you need to run to the toilets in the morning
>>
>>8018108
Artillerymen loading rounds into artillery tubes
>>
>>8018731
Here's your (you)
>>
>>8018731
An eight hour group would have been a good addition to the study.
I'm not entirely sure what value you think a zero-hour group would have. You'd be harming a bunch of people and learn nothing new from it.
>>
>>8017717
No. As you can see, productivity is still declining on that chart even though they should be getting better at doing those rounds.
>>
>>8018132
Make sure you wake up at the correct part of your REM
http://sleepyti.me
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.