[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would u define math what is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
how would u define math
what is it?
>>
Math is a model originating from the set of laws the the universe operates on.
>>
>>8017597
study of patterns
>>
>>8017597
Problem solving.
>>
>>8017630
math is literally the opposite of this
>>
>>8017637
????
>>
>>8017637
explain yourself fruitbowl
>>
>>8017637
no such thing as opposite of pattern
>>
Representational 1 to 1 symbolism of reality and hypothetical basis of possibility.
>>
>>8017643
>Problem of Induction
>Juxtaposition
>Superposition
>Chaos Gap
The argument from ignorance is a fallacy.
Thing fill in gaps that appear as superficial patterns; things exist via contrast in similar circumstances aren't always an exact mathematical pattern.
>>
>>8017646
as a general term it explains it FINE
>>
>>8017646
There are patterns, and there is the lack of pattern, which is chaos. There is no such thing as an "opposite pattern"
>>
>>8017650
Arrogant pseudo-intellectual semantics rage detected.

Just say you're wrong or you're going to be judged for it even worse.
>>
>>8017649
GOOD ENOUGH is for stupid people.
>>
>>8017650
Actually chaos isn't a lack of a pattern, it's just an individualistic complex pattern because it still follows the same mathematical principles and restrictions.
It's just not a pattern in the sense when pattern is used to described duplicity, reproducibility, or detected recurrence.
>>
>>8017653
shitposting won't make the term "opposite pattern" you just pulled out of your ass magically become something real.
>>
>>8017664
>Actually chaos isn't a lack of a pattern, it's just an individualistic complex pattern because it still follows the same mathematical principles and restrictions.
>It's just not a pattern in the sense when pattern is used to described duplicity, reproducibility, or detected recurrence.
1.) But I didn't post that, I just replied to your shitpost
2.) What he meant was obvious
3.) You attacked anon irrationally and with intent to build up your ego
4.) Semantic warfare is for people with low self esteem and personality disorders
5.) You accuse me of posting it when I didn't... on 4chan people reply to posts all the time
6.) I defended anons post because it was obvious what they meant.
7.) Which is why I posted:
Actually chaos isn't a lack of a pattern, it's just an individualistic complex pattern because it still follows the same mathematical principles and restrictions.
It's just not a pattern in the sense when pattern is used to described duplicity, reproducibility, or detected recurrence.

Which is from my post-graduate paper.

So, go fuck yourself you 4chan wannabe
:D
>>
>>8017597

An advanced form of accounting derived from separating elements of the physical universe from their environment on the basis of arbitrary definitions.
>>
>>8017669
An infinitely complex pattern is not a pattern, it's chaos. Just like the sequence of digits of irrational numbers expressed in any base.

>>8017601
This is an illusion. It is a creation of the mind, inheriting all of its limitations.
>>
>>8017669
>4.) Semantic warfare is for people with low self esteem and personality disorders
>Actually chaos isn't a ...
>>
>>8017662
But chaotic systems occur from patterns? Chaos can be reproduced if all conditions are known?

A truly random event is something that cannot be produced by an algorithm/system? Are there any such systems?
>>
>>8017869
>Just like the sequence of digits of irrational numbers expressed in any base.

But they do constitute a pattern, because 1) they can be predicted/calculated (true chaos can never be predicted nor reconstructed accurately, because there can't be any "formula" for it), and 2) they represent a well-defined object/entity, i.e. a certain irrational number.
>>
>>8017875
>Semantic warfare
Well, if two (or more) people disagree on what a certain statement means because there's some terms in it which effectively aren't universally unambiguous, is trying to clarify on that "engaging in semantic warfare"?
>>
ITT: high schoolers
>>
>>8017911
>in this board: high schoolers
fixed
>>
>>8017911
>>8017915
>high schoolers

You mean "schoolers who are high"? "highschoolers" [math]\neq[/math] "high schoolers".
>>
>>8017911
You mean high scholars ?
>>
it's autism
>>
>>8017597
All math is, is defined relationships.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.