[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you git gud at E&M? I don't know why but I struggle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: annot1420a.gif (3 KB, 210x180) Image search: [Google]
annot1420a.gif
3 KB, 210x180
How do you git gud at E&M?

I don't know why but I struggle with this more than any other physics course.
>>
>>8017267
Start with the first one (simpler than the last two) and find the derivation for that equation. Go through that derivation line by line ann ask yourself at each step: what is the physical meaning or interpretation of what you read.

Sure, the first one relates the electric field radiating out from a charge to the strength of that charge. True understanding takes a little more.
>>
>>8017267
Can you be more specific about the trouble you're having?
>>
>>8017267
>How do you git gud at E&M?

Take vector and complex analysis course first and it becomes easy.
>>
>>8018288
>Take vector and complex analysis course first and it becomes easy.
Not true. The math is the easy part.
>>
>>8018288
>analysis
No, take a vector calculus course and differential equations II, analysis would probably make it more difficult for you.
>>
That is becouse you are truly stupid. Consider quitting.
>>
Watch Walter lewin's lectures, they give great intuition, but make sure you understand the math although you probably already know it's the easy part
>>
>>8018368
>supporting rapists
>>
File: james-clerk-maxwell.jpg (59 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
james-clerk-maxwell.jpg
59 KB, 320x400
>>8017267
you wot m8
>>
the book "student's guide to maxwell's equations" is pretty good
>>
this is what you need
>single-variable calculus (+Taylor series)
>vectors
>differential equations
>classical mechanics
>multi-variable calculus (again, Taylor series)
>vector calculus (Green's Theorem and the rest)
>partial differential equations

THEN you can follow these derivations
it just looks like gibberish without the proper background in math and physics
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.