[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any single function that fits the parameters of f(x)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: graph.jpg (57 KB, 639x632) Image search: [Google]
graph.jpg
57 KB, 639x632
Is there any single function that fits the parameters of f(x) = -(x^2) for intervals [-infinity,0] and f(x) = x^2 from [0,infinity]? Pic is my autistic rendition.
>>
g(x) = x^2 from [0,infinity] for less ambiguity, my bad. Question still stands.
>>
>>8016856
Actually, x*|x|
>>
A piecewise function is still a single function, dipshit
>>
>>8016856
Yes, and you just constructed it using conditional intervals.

I know what you mean, but still. It's a single function by definition.
>>
>>8016875
Thanks man now I feel retarded.
Now let thread be kill.
>>
>>8016885
Hey tripfag, two people have already said that and another presented the function without using interval partitioning. Fuck off. You're not intelligent for replying with this.
I swear just seeing your retarded fucking trip code sends me into a blind rage. Don't tell people your tripcode in real life just in case you happen to tell it to me.
>>
>>8016957
>You're not intelligent for replying with this.
I didn't reply for the intelligence of it, but for the coordinates. If I react to temporal information it tends to destroy that information. Not posting because others did would result in a disparity between timelines if one of the posts that made me decide not to reply was made because a time traveler put it there. This problem literally only occurs because I'm from the future.
>>
>>8016957
>not just filtering him
he's either schizophrenic or a retarded 13 year old who thinks stringing random makes him look smart

why make yourself angry when you can avoid it?
>>
>>8016856
Why do you want to have a function that behaves like that?
>>
>>8017002
>look smart
If you think anything I've ever posted was about looking smart, you either don't know me very well or haven't read more than three of my posts.
>>
>>8017027
then you have some form of mental illness

why else would you insist on shitting up the board with nonsense posts if not for attention
>>
>>8016856
What do you mean by "single function"?
>>
>>8016987
Go back to /x/, role playing scum.
>>
Yes, you just described it
>>
sgn(x)x^2
>>
File: girl.jpg (161 KB, 1163x1300) Image search: [Google]
girl.jpg
161 KB, 1163x1300
>>8016880
>>
>>8017006
For the hell of it, thought of it today and couldn't think of one.
>>
>>8016875
the absolute value function is still a piecewise function
>>
>>8017364
x*sqrt(x^2)
>>
f (x)={x^2 for x>=0, -(x^2) for x <0}
:')
>>
superior latex version

[math]
f(x) =
\begin{cases}
\hfill -x^2 \hfill & x \in [-\infty,\ 0] \\
\hfill x^2 \hfill & x \in [0,\ \infty] \\
\end{cases}
[/math]

no point in being good at math if you can't make your math look pretty
>>
>>8017536
I'm on mobile and that looks like shit. Checkmate.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160420-090336.png (125 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160420-090336.png
125 KB, 720x1280
>>8017665
Must you mobile
>>
>>8017671
Nice old phone.
What is it, an S3 ?
>>
>>8017536
no point learning how to make math look pretty if you can't into intervals
>>
>>8018032
for better or worse it's a faithful recreation of OP's specification
>>
>>8016880
How would you phrase it then? At least it's known what it asks for.
>>
>>8017214

please stop with this pedophile shit anon, I've seen this in another thread somewhere not even a minute ago
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.