[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the Newton of our times?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: stephen-wolfram-portrait.png (177 KB, 327x388) Image search: [Google]
stephen-wolfram-portrait.png
177 KB, 327x388
Is he the Newton of our times?
>>
Why bother trying to do anything related ot hard science when this guy could do your life's work in two months?
>>
>>8011951
>two months
>implying our lord wolfram wouldn't jot it down on a napkin during his lunch break
>>
>>8011964

>taking his lunch break
>implying his shit skid marks don't spell new fundamental equations
>>
He passed by me after one of his talks at my university. The next day I tested my IQ and suddenly it went up by like double digits and I can now solve quadratic equations in under one hour.

He's a magician.
>>
File: 1439182246426.jpg (37 KB, 720x699) Image search: [Google]
1439182246426.jpg
37 KB, 720x699
>>8011924
Oh right, the guy who developed his little scientific cumputing tool with government funds and then went corporate to sell it as the "windows" for scientific computing. Too bad his target audience is not as retarded as windows users and actually realise there are many superior options.

Oh and he's a terrible scientist with illusions of grandeur.
>>
>>8012122
>illusions of grandeur
>>
>>8012122
>Too bad his target audience is not as retarded as windows users and actually realise there are many superior options.

Toy tier: Geogebra, Casio calculators
Pleb tier: Mathematica, Maple, Ti calculators
Pro tier: Matlab, Mathcad, HP calculators

Amirite?
>>
If only he weren't a greedy jew. His software is really good but costs a fortune.
>>
what the fuck OP, how fucking stupid can you be?
>>
>>8012157
MATLAB solves an entirely different problem

>>8012158
The student edition is pretty cheap nowadays though I still use a pirated version from before they changed the price to the more reasonable one
>>
He's more of an Edison. Except not nearly as influential.
>>
>>8012248
Edison stole all "his" "inventions" from Nikola Tesla, a truly underappreciated genius
>>
>>8012266
My point excatly.
Wolfram doesn't do shit. He just takes credit for the nameless programmers working under him.
>>
>>8012266
Wolfram took a theoretical result proved by an employee, claimed the proof as a trade secret, and then threatened researchers citing the result:

http://bactra.org/reviews/wolfram/

He certainly fits the bill
>>
File: 1447516508400.jpg (74 KB, 960x624) Image search: [Google]
1447516508400.jpg
74 KB, 960x624
>>8011924
No, he's the Costanza of our time.
>>
>>8013012
What's wrong with his hand?
>>
>>8013012
dank
>>
>>8012166
which? Mathematica has the same capabilities as matlab, but its faster with almost everything if done right.

The only reason i can think of one would use matlab is because its easier to use and more widespread in industry.
>>
>>8013238
MATLAB has nicer syntax for working with matrices
>>
Based Wolfram
>>
>>8011924

I'm sure he thinks so
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.