[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you have an IQ higher than 125 you are smarter than Feynman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Nikola Telsa.jpg (6 KB, 200x280) Image search: [Google]
Nikola Telsa.jpg
6 KB, 200x280
This means 99% of this board is smarter than Feynman. Discuss.
>>
>>8007047
Source on info about Feynman's IQ?

I have (supposedly) IQ of 156, but I never pursued career in /sci/ related areas.Such a shame.
>>
>>8007047
>99% of this board is smarter than Feynman

kek
>>
What sd?
>>
>>8007047

Feynman was a mathematical genius but retarded with verbal, which is unusual most people have fairly even skillsets.

So that dragged down his average.
>>
>>8007074
>source

Gleick, James (1992). Genius: The Life and Science of Richard Feynman. Pantheon Books. ISBN 0-679-40836-3. OCLC 243743850.
>>
>>8007205
Verbal intelligence is more important than mathematical intelligence. If you cannot properly communicate, your math talent isn't worth shit.
>>
The test I did gave me 108 which means I'm smarter than 99% too.
>>
Why was he so based? Stealing doors and most other things for fun.
>>
>>8007225
kek
>>
>>8007228
What are you laughing at?
Do you even know what deviation the test used?

NO

So stop laughing.
>>
>>8007227
I love those Feynman stories. about Hungarians being aliens and him flirting with chicks
>>
>>8007240
I assume you're still only pretending to be retarded, and kek'd again, as IQ is always SD 15.
>>
>>8007313
>always
Not all tests use the same SD you fucking retard.

Now kill yourself.
>>
File: Engineer.jpg (144 KB, 1084x573) Image search: [Google]
Engineer.jpg
144 KB, 1084x573
>>8007047
>This means 99% of this board is smarter than Feynman
Not surprising. Feynman was literally engineer tier
>>
>>8007047
Being 'smart'? Who gives a shit. Smart doesn't buy you anything in life. Feynman was awarded a Nobel prize and was respected among his peers because of what he delivered. That's all that counts.

I'd rather be a dumb fuck and have achieved in life than be an IQ-180 basement dwelling agoraphobe without a job.
>>
File: XdCDN.jpg (42 KB, 861x359) Image search: [Google]
XdCDN.jpg
42 KB, 861x359
>>8007398
He wasn't but I suppose gay engineer faggots like someone to look up to.
>>
The thing about IQ is that it needs to be juxtaposed by certain overexcitabilities and in general a higher degree of perception, a vision. This is why le 150 IQ's don't do anything, and Einstein built upon physics with some of the most revolutionary findings of our time, Darwin generating the analogue in biology and evolution. Einstein had a way of seeing things. High IQ doesn't necessarily result in this.
>>
Stop shitposting about IQ.
>>
>>8007047
>actually performing mental gymnastics of this magnitude to actually believe feynman actually had an IQ anything less than 190 being that he is actually the father of nanotechnology
>actually

1. being called a "wizard" and "genius of highest caliber" by nobel laureates

2. having an IQ even within 3 standard deviations of anyone who has ever or will ever read these forums

pick one
>>
File: 1460267367206.png (16 KB, 448x538) Image search: [Google]
1460267367206.png
16 KB, 448x538
>>8007205
strange considering his ancestry.
>>
>>8007211
>if you cannot properly communicate
some would argue the only way to "properly communicate" in science is by using math
>>
>>8007205
>>8007211
Not sure what point you are making here. Feyman was in my opinion a great teacher and one of the few mathematicians/physcists capable of putting his ideas in to a language the layman could understand. In fact, he was so good that by the end of a lecture he would have the audience groaning at how stupid some of the solutions he and most theoretical physics had come up with. Still, top marks for honesty.
>>
>putnam fellow
>only scoring a 125 on an iq test
not gonna happen bro
>>
Let me put it this way:

John von Neumann, the man who had by definition a superhuman intellect, made this remark of Feynman to physicist Harry Daghlian while they worked on the Manhattan project:

"He's a wizard, Harry"

There's a reason mental titans consider him, by their words, a "magician," and it isn't because some cuck wrote that he only has an intellect of the same tier as a person who reads these forums.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.