[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do, take, or eat to improve my studying skills?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Student-Falling-Asleep-Wh-008.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Student-Falling-Asleep-Wh-008.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
What my courses look like:

> Analytic Geometry & Calculus

> Multivariable Calculus

> Metric Differential Geometry

> Numerical Solution of Differential Equations

Am I fucked?
>>
>>8006664
brainlet
>>
>>8006664
You're fucked with a big black STEM dick anon. Just drop at least 2 of these classes NOW!!
>>
>>8006669
Please explain yourself sir genius.
>>
>>8006664
>not knowing about adderal
>>
>>8006664
How did you convince your uni to allow you into differential geometry before you finished a basic calculus stream
>>
>>8006708
I'm trying to finish my degree a year sooner before my student visa expired.
>>
>>8006664

Holy shit. Yeah, you're fucked. Unless you have a serious headstart in a few of those classes, it's a definite yes.

If this is in the fall, the best advice I can give you (besides >>8006674 ) is to download the books for the classes, and bury yourself in them over the summer to get the headstart I mentioned earlier.
>>
>>8006664
>What can I do, take, or eat to improve my studying skills?

Get regular exercise.
Eat more vegetables than you eat meat or dairy.
Don't eat processed foods.
Get more sunshine every day.
Have sex at least twice a week.

Once you are doing all that, you'll be able to learn a lot better.

One big thing of advice is to eat less food when you need to study and when you take tests. Dieting where you are starting to lose fat weight increases the levels of ghrelin in your body. It makes you ravenous, but also makes you sharp as a tack for studies, tests, and job interviews.
>>
>>8006803
>>8006809

Thanks anons, I'll do my best to pass all my classes with at least a B.
>>
>>8006809
As far as I know, eating less food helps because of its effects on cortisol, not ghrelin. Starvation results in chronically elevated cortisol levels because the cortisol helps keep your blood sugar up in the absence of food. At the same time, cortisol is the 'stress hormone' which allows you to have sharp mental function and physical energy under stress. So there you go.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.