[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, how many of you are here, browsing and reading a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image1.jpg (116 KB, 640x548) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
116 KB, 640x548
Hey guys,

how many of you are here, browsing and reading a lot, but never really post anything?

Why you browse /sci/?
And why you don't post?
I browse /sci/ because I've always been interested in sci-fi related stuff, than had some advanced math classes in high school, learnt a lot from my physics classes about a science and there is lots of really amazing stuff about it. Than dropped it completly, went to law school, got law degree and I'm now a layer.
Now that I have more free time I became again more interested in some physics and science, started reading Fenyman physics courses and re-learning calculus. Came here to get some opinions about current high-tech/transhuman stuff.
I don't post here because although I learn a lot from you guys, often question your posts in my mind, I also don't think I'm on your level, /sci/entists.
Thanks for being here though.

How about you, other non-posters?
>>
>>8005616
I read this place as pure schadenfreude. The posts, posters, trolls, and futurists are denser than the core of the black hole shitposts that clog the board. I literally cycle between this one and /r9k/ just to reassure myself every night that coalesced retardation exists and that I know its location.
>>
>>8005658
oh come on, they are not that bad.
Most of them are pretty smart, just trolling around.
>>
>>8005678
Let's take a critical tour of the /sci/ catalog as of the beginning of this post, shall we?

>AI replacing all jobs in 10 years
trolling thread, not particularly inspired

>Redpill me on GM crops
shitty baseline pandering troll thread

>This topic
where I'm shitposting the entire board at once

>Simplified highschool physics backpatting thread
no one cares asshole, otherwise we'd all major in calculating parabolas for throwing rocks

>Questioning the moon landing topic
troll topic, though small chance that it attracted a retard thinly veiling fuel for a moon landing denial post on a different board

>Time travel thread
horseshit popsci garbage

>Gay gene discussion
shitty strawman for an argument that topic's OP isn't qualified to discuss, also trolling (badly)

>Bigelow thread
Fine.

>Why can't aliens be dumb instead of smart?
It's a longer OP, and the reasoning is superficial, banal, and surface-level

>What are dreams?
A long list of things that you could google if you bothered to.

>Stupid Question Thread
The eponymous thread.

>Making fun of their old highschool prof
Move on idiot. Also shitposting.

>Why haven't we cured cancer yet?
Bait thread.

>I don't understand the calculations behind the diameter of the universe.
Which is the stage where you re-read until you understand or have a more specific question instead of shitposting on a board where you won't get a reasonably summarized answer.

>What calculator app should I buy
Fine. Probably a good scope for the question.

>Redpill me
Trollbait

>Calculus is not advanced mathematics
Trash bait. Odd that some legit discussion of even basic problems happened here.

>Is my textbook a meme
Your shitposting certainly is.

>Sun of ice Sun of Lava
old

>mars colony
popsci futurist nonsense

>online color ""test""
first incidence of this to come up so far, but people linking vomit-ridden online tests is more common here than other boards.

I could go on.
>>
>>8005616
My iq is at brainlet level. If i spew out a reply i might as well kill my self for being idiotic
>>
File: 2nbhytf.jpg (35 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
2nbhytf.jpg
35 KB, 392x500
>>8005714
>>
>>8005616
yolo

can anyone link me to the sci guide to choosing major picture plz
>>
>>8005616

You're asking people who don't post here why they don't post here.

The definition of a lurker is someone who doesn't post.

How can a lurker answer your post? If they did, they wouldn't be a lurker.
>>
>>8005616
I like posting but unfortunately fags usually shit post on my threads and never contribute anything worthwhile. When I do get great responses though it makes it all worth it.
>>
>>8005616
Rarely will I post regularly other than x or travel because discussions always turn into why your broscience is right and I'm a fucking moron.
Good, intriguing conversations are so riddled with cynicism and pompadour that its impossible to even talk.
What you like is always better and more right than me. You always have a PhD while I'm a street mongrel.
But how could I possibly expect human nature to deviate on the internet
>>
>>8005853
so deep man
>>
Science interests me but I'm a turbo brainlet so I have nothing to post thus I don't post.
>>
>>8005714

Hey, we have a /sci/ discord chat that you may find interesting. We've been looking for some more reasonably intelligent people
https://discord.gg/0lqbvcXEubLYMdhn
>>
because I'm a highschool senior in precalc and the only contribution I can actually give is shitposting at least until im reasonably educated
>>
>>8006539
same like this guy, plus I have to find some way to waste my oh-so-precious time
>>
File: Capture.jpg (20 KB, 389x476) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
20 KB, 389x476
>>8005853
precisely
>>
>>8005616
How else am I supposed to catch cheaters who don't realize I've steganographically embedded identifying information in their homework assignments?
>>
Pretty much exclusively /sci consists of banter about why someone's major is subjectively better than everyone else's major. That is why I don't post. I pretty much come here for the laughs and mindless entertainment. Occasionally there's a thread providing resources like links to textbooks/online courses or something. I appreciate those.
>>
>>8005616
Usual lurker here, I have posted a few times in math threads providing some insightful proofs, but I generally don't post often (1 out of 1000 threads or so) because I just don't care to. Like to lurk on here because there are some good problems in math threads and the what not and general scientific discussion in a 4chan environment is really amusing to me.
>>
>>8005616

I read /sci/ just to lurk and laugh. It's hilarious just to observe. I've been completely detached from reality by layers of irony.

Every day when I wake up I find what I thought was funny yesterday funny again, ironically.
>>
>>8005714
It's clear you didn't pay much attention to some of the threads. The "calculus is not advanced math" thread is an "advanced math" Q&A thread that says no basic math such as calculus is allowed. So this surprises you there are good topics there? You skimmed the titles and didn't look too much into some of these threads, like that one. you shit post without doing thorough research
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.