[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /sci/ i'm from /b/ i know most of you are geeks and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: timetravel.jpg (145 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
timetravel.jpg
145 KB, 638x479
Hey /sci/ i'm from /b/ i know most of you are geeks and almost fascinated by everything. Why don't we talk about time travelling? How is it far from reality, and do you have any theories about it? and how about parallel universe do you think there is a high chance that we also live in another planet with the same DNA as us but different history?
>>
File: timetravel.gif (345 KB, 605x605) Image search: [Google]
timetravel.gif
345 KB, 605x605
it is reality you are already travelling through time
>>
>>8004239
Brilliant.
>>
Welcome to /sci/. Unfortunately we must ask you to delete your thread since the only topics allowed here are: Barnett spaces, sum of all natural numbers, quantum consciousness and Norman Wildberger.
>>
>>8004215
I like blackholes the best when trying to poke holes in the fabric of reality.

I like to think that you wouldn't even notice the gravitational strength of one since as light bends, so does time, energy and therefore reality.

I like to think that the weight is just spread on a different dimension (read: different direction) almost like sideways yo our reality, except it all appears to be at one point.

Kinda like how there is a fucktonne of mass in the universe but you aren't ripped apart because it's all too far away

But I also realize that I'm probably dead wrong
>>
File: 1459620947282.gif (2 MB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
1459620947282.gif
2 MB, 500x391
>>8004371
Sum of all natural numbers is 0. Easy.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 640x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 640x635
>>8004215
"Traveling" is arbitrary. We travel through time as we live. Time dilation is another story, but we don't have the means of technology to do anything practical about that whatsoever.

"Parallel universe" is a sensationalized idea, and there's really no reason to seriously consider it other than if you're an absolute pigeon who gets amused at thinking about shit that's completely out of your grasp. Why seriously consider a location that we could neither see nor detect? It's frivolous.
>>
>>8004497
Doesn't m theory basically say that our universe is a membrane in a hypervolume containing multiple universes? I don't know a whole lot about physics, but that sounds relevant. Though of course it can't be actually observed, much less interacted with, so there isn't much to discuss
>>
>>8004511
I will cut off my penis, sauté it in garlic and oil, and eat it with a glass of Cabernet if there is ever evidence found linking m-theory to reality. Don't get lost in popsci.
>>
>>8004486
NO

its -1/12
>>
>>8004550
>meme theories
>>
>>8004511
I'd be highly entertained to see you try to actually explain what you just wrote.

Fun fact: string theory and its derivatives are just mathematical circlejerking that somehow steals funding from physics. It's just a bunch of algebraists and geometers wanking off in 24 dimensions.
>>
Observe that 1+2+3+4... approaches -1/12 as the number of terms approaches infinity(unintuitive but a mathematical fact). Reflexively as you approach -1/12 in arbitrary velocity unit at infinitesimal range then in a given triple integrated n-dimensional manifold space your velocity in n=1/12 approaches light speed allowing forward but not backwards time travel.
>>
>>8005598
So it's like theology but with geometry
>>
>>8004215
>relativity states that space and time are aspects spacetime
It doesn't though, spacetime is just a mathematical construct that is nice to work with
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.