[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question / don't ignore just cuz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: srsjoke.jpg (98 KB, 891x564) Image search: [Google]
srsjoke.jpg
98 KB, 891x564
I made a funny...

Ok so I know at the beginning of the forming of our solar system there was a bunch of spinning dust and planets formed in this way around the sun... Is that where the planet gets it's centrifugal force from though?

In my head it doesn't make much sense, a bunch of spinning dust forming into a ball could keep it's force like that,
>>
because newton's first law.
>>
File: DEEPER THAN U.jpg (85 KB, 891x564) Image search: [Google]
DEEPER THAN U.jpg
85 KB, 891x564
PART 2 OF MY QUESTION
>>
Wiki up some Kepler's laws.

Also "conservation of angular momentum."
>>
>>8003143
>newton's first law

did you read my question?

okay newtons first law

object (being earth) in motion tends to stay in motion... where did it get it's initial motion?
>>
File: disk_formation.gif (17 KB, 619x660) Image search: [Google]
disk_formation.gif
17 KB, 619x660
>>8003148
Answer.
https://www.nhn.ou.edu/~jeffery/astro/astlec/lec010.shtml
>>
>>8003156
>where did it get it's initial motion?

the big bang was literally a motion, this motion is transferred?
>>
>>8003156
So the disk of dust that forms into the solar system? Called an accretion disk. It spins right from the getgo, due to the net attractive force between dust particles.
>>
>>8003156
The solar system was a system of particles with random position and velocities
They had a total angular momentum that was conserved after all interactions
https://youtube.com/watch?v=tmNXKqeUtJM
>>
>>8003143
> Seperating out Newtons laws
> There is an inertial reference frame - a frame where free bodies have constant motion
>>
File: dun dun dun.jpg (129 KB, 898x599) Image search: [Google]
dun dun dun.jpg
129 KB, 898x599
>>8003159

I was making this while you posted that...

now i will read your explanation
>>
>>8003148
Population III stars created first elements heavier than hydrogen and helium.

Dust settles to midplane of disk. Some dust gets accreted onto star. Some coagulate and form bigger bodies.

Motion isn't purely random. Particles are still in orbit but feel different forces when they reach various sizes (gas drag, Yarkovsky effect, Poynting-Robertson drag, etc.)
>>
>>8003183
Yes, the God particle was responsible.
>>
>>8003174
>https://www.nhn.ou.edu/~jeffery/astro/astlec/lec010.shtml

Ooohhhh I see... so it's because the whole solar system is a disk shape that's how it keeps it's angular momentum... that makes much more sense...

But where did the initial collapse come from?
>>
>>8003196
Shit falling towards the sun.
>>
>>8003205
oh. lol...
>>8003174
this video helped a lot
>>8003159
thanks
>>
> when you're well aware the thread is full of trolls

> but you just can't help yourself

THE SUN FORMED FROM THE SAME DISK AS EVERYTHING ELSE THERE I SAID IT GO AWAY
>>
Aha! and the reason the Sun has Sun-like properties is because of all the force and heat created by the collision of all the dust into the center globule and the mass of the sun keeps pulling dust into it until all of it compresses and heats up to a certain temperature then starts shining brightly and burning for like forever lol...

IT'S ALL ENERGY

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/solarsystem/origins.shtml
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.