[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom is a science teacher at a school for bad kids (drug addicts,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: periodic chart.png (345 KB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
periodic chart.png
345 KB, 3300x2550
My mom is a science teacher at a school for bad kids (drug addicts, kids trying to get a GED, kids who have been arrested, etc.). She wanted me to make a special periodic chart for her class, since most of her students are dumb as rocks.
What does /sci/ think?
>>
>>8003026
There is no memes, drug references, or general twitter faggotry. Plus it's not colorful enough to catch the average retard's attention.

0/10 apply yourself.
>>
Seems like the regular public school periodic table
>>
>>8003026
You got Non-Metals and Noble Gases mixed up
>>
>>8003045
FUCK
I don't know how we missed that.
Thanks.

>>8003032
It's too expensive to print in color, which is why they're all greyscale.
>>
I mean it's a nicely notated periodic table (Sans labeling of noble gases and non-metals, but that has been mentioned.) Not very much to say about it, other than it's a good study guide.
Hardly necessary, but it would be worth it to fix the kerning/alignment of text. Text looks cramped, particularly on row seven (I don't blame you, I wouldn't make font size any smaller, I guess the best you could do would be to try and center it.)
>>
>>8003026
Idk, maybe replace the elements with different flavors of kool aid (or flavor-aid if youre in the deep hood).
>>
>>8003026
I know the "charge of ion" thing is a simplification, but hydrogen should probably be ±1.

Also, maybe using more patterns might help make the different groups more clearly distinct?

Also also, is there really any point to rounding the atomic weight? If you're going to explain the difference between atomic number and atomic weight, it doesn't seem that unreasonable to briefly mention isotopes. And even if you don't talk about isotopes, having non-whole weights is unlikely to cause too much confusion.
>>
well my idea was to use cool pictures even though I got stuck for the gases. But then u said it had to be greyscale so, I would say make words with the element abbreviation like Hot, LIt, NArk, Kill, CuS, FerraRi, LUcifer, Yo, Farm, Sick, FeeT,XtrEem,you down with UUP(honestly got noting on this one), ATomic, AC,RAt,MaN I dont know make it cool and reliable and reference me in that shit, as 4Chan
>>
>>8003109
>But then u said it had to be greyscale so, I would say make words with the element abbreviation like Hot, LIt, NArk, Kill, CuS, FerraRi, LUcifer, Yo, Farm, Sick, FeeT,XtrEem,you down with UUP(honestly got noting on this one), ATomic, AC,RAt,MaN
Do you remember those super cringe-worthy "science is cool" videos from when you were a small child?
Yeah. This is where they come from.
>>
>>8003026
You forgot to add that Ag most of the time has a +1 charge. T.ex: AgNO3

Also, fix your key. According to your key. Noble gases are nonmetals whereas nonmetals are noble gases.

Another spot where you fucked up is including Lathanum in the f-block as if it had f-electrons, which it doesn't. I recommend putting back Lathanum back in the d-block and sine Lathanum is there, might as well put Actinum back there [despite having f-electrons] so that the f-block is still even in length. (13 elements).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.