[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uni Rant Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1436061496349.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1436061496349.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
>take upper division physics class
>first 10 weeks we have homework and maybe a few quizzes and maybe a test so they can give a midterm grade
>last 6 weeks of the semester they try to jam 3 more exams before finals

WHY DO THEY DO THIS

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

What's wrong with having a test in the first 4 weeks of the semester?
>>
>>7995720
what's wrong? you didn't actually learn and you figured you'd cram for the single big test?

tough luck brainlet
>>
>>7995724
too much stress

I used to be an A student and I don't want to admit that I'm trying to "just get by" with B's now.

Though my nuclear physics class got utterly fucked this semester by academic politics.
>>
>>7995724
The brainlet meme is no better than gorilla posting.

You're shitting up the board.
>>
Pretty sure my dynamics professor covered all the hard material at the beginning of the semester as a way to cull students so he'd have less papers to grade.

Even if that wasn't the reason, it was damn sure effective at cutting the class size
>>
>>7995734
cal state?
>>
>>7995734
try harder
you don't want to give up, do you?

>>7995743
mad brainlet
>>
>>7995855
>mad brains
I'd be willing to bet my IQ, GPA, and ECs dwarf your own, that doesn't change the nature of the effect these memes on this board.
>>
>>7995871
yo bro u post that green anime dude
you are dum as fuck my nigger
>>
>>7995720
fucking deal with it, undergrad
if you had been studying and keeping up with the material like you should have been, you'd have no problem passing the exams
>>
It's called artificial difficulty. They do this so people can fail and they have to retake the course and the university gets more money.
>>
>>7995909
No, I'm not the frog-posting shitter either.
>>
>>7995743
exactly, everytime I see someone post "brainlet" about anyone in any thread, I can safely assume the poster is probably 15 to 19 years of age.
>>
wew lad, should've gone to a british uni where they don't have 500 tests a day, each worth 1 % of your grade (plus grading for attendance, participation, enthusiasm, rimming etc.).
>>
>>7996168

Yeah I sure love having one set of exams per year crammed into two weeks that account for like 80-90% of my grade with no retakes. Really keeps the stress at bay.
>>
>Chem I
>Do all my homework
>Do the work on a separate sheet and write the answers on the worksheets
>Last week of March rolls around
>teacher tells me I've only been getting half credit on my homework because I didn't show my work
>even though I got the answers right
>half fucking credit
>wasn't mentioned by her or in the syllabus
>half fucking credit
>I now have barely a B
>>
>>7996787
yeah, that should have been obvious dude. you show your work always. the professor can't know for sure if you know what you're doing if you just write the answers.
>>
>>7996795

It's still shit to not let your students know that. It's the first class I've had in college where I use math.
>>
>>7996802
Challenge her on it. If she wants to give you half credit arbitrarily, she can explain it to the administration. If it's not even hinted at on the rubric, it's an arbitrary decision on her part.
>>
>>799678
Bring your worksheets in if you still have them. This is a pretty obvious thing but she might give you points back if you prove you did the work.

But at least now you know.
>>
>>7996809
This. When life gives you lemons, get mad
>>
>>7996809

If I can keep my B, which I probably will, I'll just suck it up. At my college, you have to submit a grade appeal form. Even if she wanted to, she can't change the grade unless I submit the form. And it's a lot of hassle.

I can deal with it. It'd be the first grade below an A for me so it's not a huge deal. It just made me butthurt.
>>
What's wrong with having more tests?? That means there's less content you need to know per test. I'd prefer it like this.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.