[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laughter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: am I stupid.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
am I stupid.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
Is laughter a sign of stupidity?
>>
>>7990154
Do you have a personality disorder?

Laughter is the brains reaction to absurdity
>>
>>7990154

You're autistic
>>
>>7990159
And is it a sign of stupidity?
>>
>>7990161
I would say you probably find your post funny, and since it is a fake diagnosis, your are being unintelligent in a sense. I would say that if it wasn't a fake diagnosis, nor shitposting, you wouldn't laugh at it, therefore if a post has any rational value, you don't laugh at it. So your post amazingly proves my point, at least for your specific case, doesn't it
>>
>>7990162
No. Nothing about it suggests stupidity and I'm guessing that you think being some edgy, cynical, and jaded grouch makes you intelligent.
>>
>>7990162
Yes.
>>
>>7990176
The rational value of his post is that it makes fun of your irrationality to make others laugh at you and to induce others not to follow in the footsteps of your irrationality. I see a lot of rationality. Laughing at something stupid shows that a more thorough ratiocinative faculty in that the absurdity isn't merely conceptualized, but qualitatively felt in essence thereby making it more conducive to dissection by logical inquiry.
>>
File: I hate this site.jpg (19 KB, 405x405) Image search: [Google]
I hate this site.jpg
19 KB, 405x405
No it's called having emotions!
>>
>>7990154
No, women are not stupid for laughing at your package.
>>
tfw OP has no friends and never feels laughter endorphins
>>
>>7990154
It's the sign of social health
>>
>>7990211
Read>>7990176
I am not, I am a "laugher" myself
>>7990220
It certainly isn't the case, laughing would be equal to saying "I am smarter than this" specifically, and it certainly wouldn't be necessary followed by an argument. Imagine if I asked any serious hard question, and someone always came up with a reply equivalent to "I am just smarter than this" ie "you are stupid". There is still no argumentation, just like in your own post. I am asking if laughing is irrational and you are assuming the question itself is irrational without the proper argument, and you even seem to be aware of the rhetorical element of laughter, "to induce others not to follow". Therefore, I am convinced that, very much like a child making silly faces to refute me, laughing is animal, irrational, rhetorical behavior in its essence.
>>7990221
I don't see the relation of "no" and "having emotions" when the question is about its rational aspect.
>>7990223
Again, this is funny and stupid to say. Which only proves my point. This is a bad thread to shitpost, isn't it
>>7990371
I do have friends and I laugh more than I should
>>7990396
And is it dumb?
>>
>>7990154
Low-tier bait
>>
>>7990821
>I do have friends and I laugh more than I should

This is funny and stupid to say (since op has no friends). Which only proves OP's point. This is a great thread to shitpost, isn't it
>>
File: 1458875841508.jpg (89 KB, 757x567) Image search: [Google]
1458875841508.jpg
89 KB, 757x567
>>7990154

Kinda feels like you have a trauma were people laughed at you when you were a kid or something.
>>
No, laughter is most definitely not a sign of stupidity. Everyone laughs, everyone cries, everyone makes faces during sex, etc. It's just something that comes with being human.

If you are so depressed and cynical that you basically no longer have any sense of humor at all, you may become annoyed at people around you who tend to laugh very easily - especially if you think whatever they're laughing at is stupid. But that's really your problem. Misery loves company.
>>
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 2048x2048
>>7990154
Your post is a sign of your own stupidity. Laughter is a social signal and it is essentially isomorphic to the "monkey noises" other apes make.
>>
File: The Name of the Rose.jpg (56 KB, 650x350) Image search: [Google]
The Name of the Rose.jpg
56 KB, 650x350
>>7990154
>Is laughter a sign of stupidity?
YES
>>
>>7993854

who would win between shroom aliens and kush aliens
>>
>>7990821

If you think being a functioning, social human being is dumb, then yeah it's dumb.
In reality what's a sign of low intelligence is if for whatever contrived reason you get the idea that laughing is a sign of low intelligence
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.