[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never understand the brilliance underlying the proof
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
>you will never understand the brilliance underlying the proof of the ABC conjecture and iuteich
>>
>I will understand iuteich or die trying

Its the only way to live, lads
>>
>>7989930
You have a ten-year odyssey to embark on,my friend.

You will scream in agony as the frobenoids tear through the p-adric confines of your as yet Euclidean asshole, and feel the fabric of all possible systems of math expanding in a network of interlocking value systems and alien topologies, but if you ride upon the crest of the infinite wave of Teichmuller possibilities and remain,in some sense, whole, then you too will look upon the clam, beaming face of the End of Math, and feel the geodesic tears of enlightenment fall and expand into swirling universes of mutating, interlocking mathematical dances.
>>
>>7989930
>spend entire life to understand
>even more brilliant mathematician finds its wrong
>now 90 years old

Wat do?
>>
>Perhaps IUTeich is a part of 22nd-century mathematics that has fallen by chance into the 21st century.
>>
>>7989962
Celebration.

If your response to being proven wrong in science or in math is anger or despair, then you have failed to understand its significance. I'd feel grateful and impressed at such a revelation, such a debunking of an idea I thought peerless and correct. To stand against what is established,to contend with the complexity and the depth of an existing theory and to emerge, bloody and beaten and exhausted, holding its rotten heart for all the world to see is extraordinary and rare, the mark of what is best in us-the desire to understand.
>>
>>7989951

>p-adric
WEWLAD
E
W
L
A
D
>>
>>7989974
Math isn't like science

being proven wrong in science means that we're pushing forward the boundaries of our knowledge and correcting old beliefs

being proven wrong in math just means your logic was fucked up
>>
>>7989978
Mistakes like that are a diamond dozen :p

[spoiler]I am a little asshurt that I made it though. Forgive me, Mochizuki-sama[/spoiler]
>>
yo philosophyfag here, lol wtf is this

help me out /sci/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXx4bsci-HU&nohtml5=False
>>
File: maximumdisapproval.jpg (89 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
maximumdisapproval.jpg
89 KB, 960x960
>>7989988
And I forgot spoilers don't work on /sci/.

I'll just load myself into the gas chamber now.
>>
>>7989974
>If your response to being proven wrong in science or in math is anger or despair, then you have failed to understand its significance

>have nearly your entire life wasted and not feel despair

we're reaching levels of autism not thought humanly possible
>>
File: 432.jpg (146 KB, 996x560) Image search: [Google]
432.jpg
146 KB, 996x560
Anyone have any idea how long it will take to prove his proof?
>>
>>7990037
Some mathematicians already confirmed it's valid.
>>
>>7990066
citation so fucking needed
>>
>>7989980
Yes but the logic might be just unfucked enough to one day inspire someone who gives a fuck to completely unfuck it.
>>
>>7990075
Shocked you didn't know about this.

http://www.nature.com/news/the-biggest-mystery-in-mathematics-shinichi-mochizuki-and-the-impenetrable-proof-1.18509

>Fesenko has studied Mochizuki's work in detail over the past year, visited him at RIMS again in the autumn of 2014 and says that he has now verified the proof. (The other three mathematicians who say they have corroborated it have also spent considerable time working alongside Mochizuki in Japan.)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.