[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the antibiotic apocalypse will happen in our lifetime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1454877498594-2.png (210 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1454877498594-2.png
210 KB, 645x773
>tfw the antibiotic apocalypse will happen in our lifetime
>>
idgaf stupid ass nigga
>>
>>7989250
I've just had three courses of three different antibiotics and my chesty cough still isn't gone. Should I be worried?
>>
>>7989250
what can we do. Just let it happen
>>
>>7989259
You and pooinloo indians are the problem. Taking antibiotics for a condition that will naturally clear up after a few weeks. They should really only be taken for sexual infections and serious infections.
>>
>>7989267
But I'vehad this cough for about 6 or 7 weeks now. I'm not a smoker or anything. I take the occasional few puffs of a joint, but that's it really. I'm 18 as well, so I don't think it's lung cancer. I don't know what it is.
>>
>>7989250
Not hardly.

Phage exists, and that is far from all.
>>
>>7989250
>the antibiotic apocalypse will happen in our lifetime
Nope. India is screwed but that changes nothing.

>>7989259
Google discount tombstones. Someone who survived dying might be selling theirs with the same name carved as yours.
>>
>>7989292
Don't scare me like that, anon. Please. I already am worried constantly about my health. Please don't make it worse.

I don't want to die yet.
>>
http://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2015/01/08/teixobactin-and-ichip-promise-hope-against-antibiotic-resistance/#68aea5f7cb17

More likely the fear of post-antibiotic era will be a side mention in the history books of the future.
>>
>>7989250

the same shit happened in the early twentieth century and most people were better for it

there's nothing new under the sun
>>
We know too much now to ever have a disease apocalypse.
>>
>>7989250

not really

just stay healthy and stay out of the hospital

antibiotic resistance is only a problem for the chronically ill and those who catch the superbugs that breed in healthcare facilities where they constantly exposed to antibiotics.

Most community acquired stuff (as in you, a reasonably healthy person, catches pneumonia at home) is still easily treatable.

>medfag
>>
>>7989364
Resistant gonorrea is becoming more common. So no more sex too?
>>
File: image.jpg (320 KB, 1223x1570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320 KB, 1223x1570
>>7989369
Having sex out of wedlock is a terrible idea anyway. Be a virgin and marry a virgin and STDs will never be a concern. Your marriage will also be much happier and more stable.
>>
>>7989381
>woman
>virgin past the age of 18 in 2016

You can only pick one, anon.
>>
>>7989384
>not going for a practising Catholic or Orthodox girl
They also tend to be against feminism so it's a win-win situation.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.