[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cure of obesity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: fallboythumn.png (393 KB, 1116x1143) Image search: [Google]
fallboythumn.png
393 KB, 1116x1143
I have discovered the cure for obesity.

>Step 1: Infect an obese person with a tapeworm that would reside in his/her stomach.
>Step 2: The patient would be directed to low carb diet, he or she could still eat all the fatty foods regardless, because the tapeworm would consume the nutrients.
>Step 3: Wait until the tapeworm matures and starts having an impact on the patients eating habits.
>Step 4: Observe the obese person in a time period and take notes how he or she complains about being hungry all the time.
>Step 5: Wait for the patient's body to consume his or her fat due to being constant lack of energy, because the tapeworm consumes the nutrients.
>Step 6: Wait a few months for the obese person to get thinner and thinner.
>Step 7: Announce your concerns that the patient may have a tapeworm and remove once he or she has lost a significant amount of weight.

Now, who is willing to be the first few test subjects?
>>
Weren't tape worms already used for that purpose a few decades ago ?
>>
>>7987897
or put limits on refined sugars in food
>>
>>7987905
The point is that the person would still be able to enjoy the food he/she loves to eat and without limiting him/herself.
>>
>>7987897
1) Eat less
2) Exercise, probably

...or is that naive?
>>
>>7987897
>I have discovered the cure for obesity.

We should kill everyone above a certain weight. This max weight should be defined by our most accurate scientific research in health and nutrition.

People should every year report their weight to a government office. If a year goes by and you don't report your weight then you are given the death penalty.

Furthermore, if you are beyond the max weight then you should be given a 2 year period to lose whatever you have in there, if after 2 years you are still 'legally fat' then you are given the death penalty.

EZ PZ. This would lower the cost of hospitals.
>>
>>7987943
This is blasphemy.
t. nutritionist community
>>
>>7987943
It would be for the people who leech on welfare or try to claim privileges over others, it could sort of cripple the idiotic American feminist movement aswell.

I don't have weight problems myself, I follow the points you listed.
>>
>>7987897
I have discovered a better cure for obesity
>Step 1: Eat less, healthier and exercise more
>Step 2: There is no Step 2

You just need to educate people about what eating healthy actually means. Sadly, there is too much money to be made with selling bullshit miracle products.
>>
>>7987897
Tapeworms also need micronutrients, which are hard to get more if especially on the junk food diets typical of the obese

You'd probably kill, or very significantly damage the health of, your patients basically
>>
>>7988199
Yet the 1/3 of populos is estimated to have atleast a parasite inside them and death cases nor illnesses are connected to them.
>>
>>7987989
>expecting people to make an effort
How the fuck do you think they got fat in the first place?
>>
>>7987956
A bit extreme, but if you replace 'death penalty' with 'free national health service revocation' it will be more passable.
>>
>>7990549
Replied to the wrong guy, was meant for >>7987953
>>
>>7987953
>let's create another branch of the government to protect us from ourselves
>let's save money at hospitals by building more structures and spending more money hiring fucking people to weigh fat asses

I'll be you want to take guns away from people because muh safety and shit too, huh?

I sincerely hope a fat ass has a heart attack and crushes you on the bus, profligate.
>>
>>7987897
Tapeworms rarely if ever reside in the stomach.
>>
>>7990545
Soda
>>
>>7990553
I don't think you fixed it senpai
>>
>>7990535
Depends on the size of the parasite and how much food is eaten, and the quality of food (regarding micronutrient content)

Health effects don't have to be significant or distinctly noticeable
, but they can increase incidence of related events, like weak bones can increase risk of breaking a bone
>>
Or you could just not eat like shit, it is amazing how fast people lose weight when they start eating more fruits and vegetables(as meal replacements) rather than standard american fare, the american love affair with cheese....
>>
>>7987897
Good luck when the worm moves into your brain.
>>
>>7987953
You know that being overweight doesn't mean fat, just look at weight lifters. How about a legal body fat percentage?
>>
>>7990933
nothing wrong with cheese, it's the starch and sugar that's bad. Cheese becomes bad when consumed with lots of non-fiber carbs.
>>
I'd be shocked if a tapeworm took in enough to be more than a drop in the bucket compared to the caloric intake maintained by someone who's obese. A naive google search didn't turn up hard numbers, but it's a pretty old parasite that seems to still prosper when the hosts aren't fatasses.
>>
>>7990933
>the american love affair with cheese

I went to the US once, but I couldn't find any cheese anywhere, only this weird, disgusting American imitation of cheese. Do you need to go to specialty shops to get real cheese in the US?
>>
>>7990992
Any grocery store will have a "fancy cheese" section. There are specialty shops for cheese as well, and you can go directly to a creamery and get fresh cheese curds and stuff.

If you go to a shitty restaurant and order something with cheese on it you'll probably get processed crap since it melts better and is shelf stable for longer.
>>
Tax the fat?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.