[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autism Test
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: circuits.png (6 KB, 1368x413) Image search: [Google]
circuits.png
6 KB, 1368x413
Which circuit do you think is better?
>>
>>7986462
second one because it's more compact
>>
>>7986462
I'm pretty sure the first one doesn't even work desu
>>
>>7986481
ignore the diode voltage drop

>>7986466
they're the same size
>>
>>7986462
Second one lets everyone see what it is. First one doesnt work and looks like shit
>>
What the fuck kind of notation is the first one? Pic related, your circuit IRL, guess which one it uses?
>>
File: Dickson_multiplier.png (14 KB, 799x206) Image search: [Google]
Dickson_multiplier.png
14 KB, 799x206
>>7986671
>What the fuck kind of notation is the first one

It's a regular Dickson charge pump/multiplier
>>
>>7986668
>First one doesnt work and looks like shit
>>7986481
>I'm pretty sure the first one doesn't even work

Spotted the physics majors
>>
>>7986699
What the fuck kind of notation is that? It is not clear that said circuit takes in 3 inputs from your diagram.

Expecting other people to magically figure out something that only you know is a potential sign of a theory of mind impairments. This is associated with autism, thus we can conclude that you have failed the autism test.
>>
>>7986774
Top is a constant DC voltage (or ground)
Middle is a clock
Bottom is just ground (or another clock 180° out of phase)
>>
>>7986462
>.. better?
Vague question, they are different for a reason. Can you imagine why the second circuit is preferred for high voltage applications? Hint: compare the voltage across the capacitors.
>>
this is a trick question

if you think one is better than the other, you have autism
it doesn't matter which one you choose, but rather if you choose to choose
>>
The second one as it is the standard notation for such a cuircuit and would easily be recognized under peer review.
>>
more like under beer review
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.