[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone think that /sci/ is full of SpaceX shills? I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
Anyone think that /sci/ is full of SpaceX shills? I remember not long ago when they were trying out their rocket landings most of /sci/ was dismissive of Musk as they are to everything in general, yet now you can't say a bad word against the guy without 10 other posters attacking you. NASA is routinely trashed, the Russians, Chinese and Japanese are barely ever mentioned, this place is just "SPACEX SPACEX SPACEX!"
>>
>>7985711

Musk is single handedly saving humanity
>>
>>7985711
I think /sci/ is full of retarded people who think companies would actually pay for people to shill on 4chan because where they shitpost and masturbate to anime is just oh so important, and they can't imagine someone legitimately disagreeing with their retarded opinions.
>>
>>7985773
/thread
>>
>>7985711
space beyond orbit is a fucking meme

literally pointless
>>
>>7985813
Oh so now you're saying memes are pointless?
Everyone point at this faggot and laugh HAHAHAHA
>>
>>7985773
There was a thread on /r9k/ yesterday with the OP saying he actually worked for a shill company. You're likely a shill on damage control yourself.
>>
http://www.spacex.com/webcast

Just under 18 Hours

Hype
>>
>>7986921
Oh shit I forgot, thank for reminding me anon
>>
Tesla just posted job openings for Mechanical Engineering interns over the summer.

wish me luck boys.
>>
>>7985813
You always orbiting something

>>7986921
Sweet jesus nothing gets me more excited than space rocket launches
>>
>>7985934
>this bender believes everything he's told on a proletarian shoe mending forum
brainlet
>>
>>7985773
>he hasn't visited >>>/v/ >>>/vg/ >>>/pol/ >>>/r9k/ >>>/tv/ >>>/mu/
>>
>>7985934
Oh well if he said it on /r9k/ it must be true, there must be shills everywhere just hoping to influence the opinions of a bunch of unemployed nobodies on a mongolian tentacle hentai BBS
>>
Whos the yat
>>
>>7985711
>SpaceX shills
>shills
>on /sci/
Literally nobody benefits from trying to manipulate /sci/'s opinions.
>>
>>7985711
Maybe people just like things
>>
>>7985711
Why is that a problem?

I enjoy every spessex start. I enjoy the fireworks too. We watch it with a friend. The other compenies/countries usually have shit video or just post info after the fact.
>>
If that's the case, you and your nihilistic friends are outnumbered, OP.
>>
>>7986924
Good luck, bring your top cocksucking game
>>
>>7985711
New launch with the Bigelow module in roughly 4 hours fampai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pUAydjne5M
>>
File: Jeff_Bezos.jpg (13 KB, 560x315) Image search: [Google]
Jeff_Bezos.jpg
13 KB, 560x315
>>7987512
>This

SpaceX live launch threads are the best thing on /sci/

See you all tonight bros
>>
>>7985711
I'm a paid shill, l've been shilling here since 2013(actually not only here) in /b, /pol, /int, but I'm working for private company which is working for Russian government, we are trying to impact on public opinion(themes: Ukraine, Russian politics, Belarus), it's some sort of global propaganda, my salary is good -that's why I'm doing it, but I've never heard about shilling for Microsoft, Apple and other tech company or SpaceX, or another shit like that, that's just stupid. Who is interested in some retards opinion on this? We've included chans like 2ch or 4chan in our list just in case, these ones from one side can be considered as content/media source, but we do not pay our attention much to these resources. But anyway I would not suggest that someone would pay for shilling in /g or /sci -that would be totally useless and just silly, nobody cares about retards.
>>
>>7988000
>tfw this guy that looks like a lopsided testicle got a solid 7/10 wife
Probably the money
>>
>>7988040
>shilling in /b and /pol
>not shilling in /g and /sci because you don't care about retards
Oh I'm laffin
>>
elon is just a huge meme that's all

he's sort of a bit like a real life tony stark
>>
>>7988087
4chan has been included due to 2ch. In ex-ussr 2ch is considered as one of the media resources, so we've included it, but it's related only to politics and nothing else. Nobody is going to shill for tech companies, because it's stupid and worthless, especially for SpaceX, I couldn't even image who is going to pay for that and what for. I'm paid, because we are trying to impact and formulate public opinion using resources like youtube and a lot of global famous newspapers, and sites, but nobody cares about retards in /g/ or /sci. I'm here, because I have a free time and I like /sci, I've never shilled here for anything as well as in /g/. I want to drop my current job and become some tech guy, I learn programming languages when i have a free time.
>>
>>7988000

I've watched the two previous livestreams, and on both occasions the video feed to the landing ship cut off just before the rocket (crash)landed. I hope they fix their shit this time.
>>
>>7985773
Yea obviously it would be strange for spacex to be shilling on /sci/ but I think you're being naive when it comes to other boards and other companies.
>>
>>7985711
>most of /sci/ was dismissive of Musk as they are to everything in general
Are you kidding? /sci/ loves to argue. If you could come to /sci/ and shit all over something, and nobody would argue with you, it meant that nobody was interested.

>NASA is routinely trashed, the Russians, Chinese and Japanese are barely ever mentioned, this place is just "SPACEX SPACEX SPACEX!"
Now we've had this argument a few times, and the facts are in circulation. None of the national space programs is pursuing a program more ambitious than an Apollo re-enactment, and only China is doing that.

NASA's supposed Mars plans are a sham. Their claim that SLS/Orion is leading to Mars is a particularly egregious lie. They say they're preparing to go to Mars maybe twenty years from now, conveniently after nearly everyone working at NASA has retired. The truth is, they're not committed to anything but their own salaries. It's a fat old bureaucratic organization that exists to turn billions of dollars of taxpayer money into billions of dollars in the pockets of civil servants and contractors.

The shuttle and ISS were pure waste, and SLS/Orion is pure waste. VASIMR is being funded precisely because it's not going to work: it's a perfect excuse for why they're not ready for Mars, for as long as they don't want to be ready for Mars, but want to be able to say they're "working on it".

These discussions tend to end with NASA's manned program and launch vehicle program being trashed and SpaceX being defended against being trashed because that's what they deserve. NASA is wasting huge amounts of money on go-nowhere programs. SpaceX is cost-effectively expanding options in pursuit of a future where space travel is as routine as air travel.

NASA somehow turned a reusable vehicle program into a cost-increasing program, and then carried it on for decades before just giving up, while SpaceX is somehow making a vehicle reusable when it costs less to build than other expendables.
>>
File: 1c9.png (523 KB, 600x614) Image search: [Google]
1c9.png
523 KB, 600x614
>>7985711
>Anyone think that /sci/ is full of SpaceX shills?
It is.

They just do it for free.
>>
>>7988112
Not at all, Elon is way better looking :3
>>
I don't get the negativity towards SpaceX at all. Probably its just 4chan contrarianism as always.

The thing about SpaceX is that they're making shit happen. They are in good track towards reusable rockets and low costs.

NASA (Congress) and by extension ULA is being "trashed" because they are stuck in the past and have not made any significant innovation in launch technology not because they don't have the talent or potential, but because they had no incentive to innovate.

NASA should abandon the launch buisness and concentrate on science, where they are still doing amazing things.

If anything SpaceX is acting as a catalyst for new tech and they deserve the recognition.
>>
>>7988387
>The shuttle and ISS were pure waste

M8, just fucking leave. You clearly don't appreciate science
>>
File: 1458801111947.jpg (396 KB, 1067x1600) Image search: [Google]
1458801111947.jpg
396 KB, 1067x1600
>>7988430
>The thing about SpaceX is that they're making shit happen. They are in good track towards reusable rockets and low costs.

This is the final word on the issue.

I don't like Musk fanboys, but I respect that he is putting his fortune towards something other than investments and offshore accounts like every other billionaire who was raised to respect and value nothing more than the size of their bank account.

His vision is worthy of much more praise than his supposed genius.

Good post familia
>>
>>7988432
The shuttle and ISS were never about science. The same scientific data could have been acquired at far, far lower cost.

See, real scientists don't want to put their zero-g experiments on a noisy, bumpy station with humans on it.

As for the medical effects of zero-g on human beings, a much smaller, less costly space station would have been fine. Furthermore, we got good data on that from Mir. After Mir, it made more sense to study the effects of *low* gravity on humans, and start making centrifugal gravity habitats (which can be done quite easily and inexpensively with a tether system).
>>
File: 1457289466293.png (30 KB, 182x256) Image search: [Google]
1457289466293.png
30 KB, 182x256
why would a rocket company need to waste money to shill on /sci/
>>
>>7985711
FUCK YOU ASSHOLE
>>
File: Landing.png (2 MB, 1908x1068) Image search: [Google]
Landing.png
2 MB, 1908x1068
>>7985711
We're definitely SpaceX shills, and we're definitely not espousing the virtues of SpaceX because they're breaking new ground in orbital launch technology without a ten billion dollar government R&D contract.
>>
>>7985711

The question isn't whether /sci/ is fill of shills. It's "why are you a shitlord?"
>>
>>7988238
>obviously

Yes, obviously. Who this fuck cares about what the dips on 4chan think. Jesus, people on this board are delusional.
>>
>>7988579
Something a fucking shill would say
>>
>>7985813
This
It costs five thousand dollars per kg at cheapest if using SpaceX works

Why the hell would anyone build a colony on a freezing rock that can't support life, much less assume it will become a city
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.