[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /sci/, I'm a bit of an hypochondriac, but I want some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1333935357909.gif (114 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1333935357909.gif
114 KB, 600x600
hey /sci/, I'm a bit of an hypochondriac, but I want some peace of mind on the subject.

how can I be sure I don't have a brain tumor?
>>
>>7984391
By getting an MRI
>>
>>7984391
How are you sure you are not a robot?
>>
>>7984397
Don't they cause brain tumours tho?
>>
>>7984398

magnets do nothing to me
>>
>>7984400
What? No, anon. That's like thinking the dentist is the person who plants cavities in your mouth to carve out later
>>
>>7984400
Depends on the operator.
>>
>>7984391
Why would you think that in the first place?
>>
>>7984423
>hey /sci/, I'm a bit of an hypochondriac
>>
>>7984436
It's pretty late so I might be talking bullshit, but I thought hypochondriacs needed to actually have at least minor persisting symptoms to become paranoid about them? Or am I wrong? Sorry if it's BS
>>
>>7984443
>cough cough
>OH shit I think I have lung cancer

Pretty much it desu
>>
>>7984448
Oh, I had no idea it's that bad. Sorry for my ignorance on the matter.

Anyway, this >>7984397
And no, they don't cause cancers (unless you're really, really fucking unlucky, read: impossible)

Would you rather have peace of mind by getting that MRI or remain paranoid that you might have brain cancer because you're paranoid about the MRI? I'd wager the former.
>>
>>7984391
An MRI would tell you. There's also research on blood tests, but I'm not sure how available that technology is yet.
Most people find out when they have a stroke, seizure, or some kind of mental problem. For example, numbness or loss of control over a body part or side of your body/face. Partial blindness, especially peripheral vision, loss or altering of your sense of taste or smell, things like that. If nothing along those lines has happened to you you're probably fine.
>>
>>7984400
You are thinking of CAT scans. Those use some radiation. But MRI is safe.
Some tumors, though, may not necesarily be obvious on the images, because of the size.
On the other hand, the best idea is to see a neurologist, who can determine if you have any tumour symptoms by clinic tests.
>>
>>7984391
Go to your primary care physician. They will give you a referral to a neurologist and perhaps an oncologist.
>>
>>7984391
You have a headache.
>>
>>7984400
KEK
>>
>>7986287
Headaches can actually be pretty bad.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.