[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so my retarded-ass college course isn't actually teaching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: math shit.jpg (26 KB, 560x177) Image search: [Google]
math shit.jpg
26 KB, 560x177
Okay, so my retarded-ass college course isn't actually teaching me anything at all, it's all on computer and the book resource is useless. I have seen multiple people solve problems like this, and it isn't helping me solve THIS one. I only have one more chance to answer this problem before it locks me out, what the fuck do I do?
>>
>>7983908
Not even gonna bother to TeX pre-school maths

1 = 16x2/(x4 + 64)
16x2 = x4 + 64
16x2 - x4 - 64 = 0

find the roots of that polynomial, then plug in numbers into the x4 + 64 part because if it equals 0 then the function isn't defined for that number, so you can disregard those points in your answer set.

After that you are done and can then proceed to kill yourself, faggot. Learn 2 fucking math.
>>
You just replace f(x) with 1, and solve.
>>
sqrt(8)
>>
>>7983908
[math]f(x) = \frac{ 16x^{2} }{ x^{4} + 64 } = 1[\math]

[math]16x^{2} = x^{4} + 64[\math]

[math]x^{4} - 16x^{2} + 64 = 0[\math]

[math](x^{2} - 8)^{2} = 0[\math]

[math]x^{2} = 8[\math]
>>
>>7983915
>x^4 + 64
>ever being 0 when x is real
wew laddy, sounds like you need to learn to math
>>
1 = 16x^2/(x^4 + 64)

x^4 + 64 = 16x^2

x^4 - 16x^2 + 64 = 0

(x^2 - 8)^2 = 0

x^2 - 8 = 0

x^2 = 8

x = +- sqrt(8)

x = +- 2sqrt(2)

If you can't guess the factorization, another way to do it is:

x^4 - 16x^2 + 64 = 0

(x^2)x^2 - (16x)x + 64 = 0

Use quadratic equation:

x = (16x +- sqrt(256x^2 - 256x^2)) / (2x^2)

x = 8/x

x^2 = 8

x = sqrt(8)

x = 2sqrt(2)
>>
>>7983926
Damn you are right. However, I said IF that is the case.

I'm not going to bother to understand the problem, there is a standard procedure. You'd usually have to check.

Actually, I don't know why the fuck wouldn't the problem involve checking becasue that would already be easy, but having to only solve the polynomial is poor.

To what community college are you going, OP?
>>
>>7983936
I forgot +- on the last two lines.
>>
>>7983936
>My life is so meaningless and boring that I sit all day just pressing refresh on /sci/ until someone posts a homework question so that I can do it for them so that they can go back to having sex with their girlfriend, something I will never do.

Ever heard of sudoku?
>>
>>7983957
I think you're on the wrong board, friendo.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.