[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reverse engineering an induction heater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 20160406_163936.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160406_163936.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Hi /sci/, im working to reverse engineer this induction heater i got, and i think i have the right schematic (pic related).
Does this make sense? I find it particularly odd that the work coil doesn't seem to directly interact with the ground/negative terminal.

Those Schottky diodes are probably Schottky, they are model FR307. Feel free to assume that the values of all the components are reasonable.
>>
Bump. Parallel thread in
>>/g/53903548/
>>
>>7983838
Are the values of L1 and L2 different? If they are, it looks like they are meant to create two resonant circuits that have different resonant frequencies. It is probably meant to generate a higher frequency AC voltage for the load to use than just straight mains voltages.
>>
>>7983980
A higher frequency would make sense seeing as it would result in larger eddy currents being induced in the material.
>>
>>7983838
circuit doesn't make sense
where's the mosfets?
induction heating doesn't run on dc
>>
File: ih.png (10 KB, 896x686) Image search: [Google]
ih.png
10 KB, 896x686
>>
>>7983980
L1 and L2 should be identical. At least, they certainly look that way

>>7984138
All the components are on the schematic, there arent any transistors that im aware of. UNLESS R1 and 2 are transistors, but they were labelled R on the board
>>
A picture of L1, L2, and R1 and R2

The only components that are in the diagram are the ones that exist on the board. And it does, in fact, induction heat. But the specific wiring configuration im not 100% sure on
>>
File: 20160406_213548.jpg (972 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160406_213548.jpg
972 KB, 2560x1920
>>7984341
Whoops, here is pic related
>>
>there arent any transistors
maybe hidden under the heat sink?
your diagram looks almost like ih.png
>>
>>7985328
Hmm... well there IS this one bit, but im pretty sure they're just mounting brackets for the heat sink. Ill take a second look at it when i get home
>>
>>7985328
>>7985556
They ARE transistors wtf. Ill add them to the diagram here in a bit. I guess they were mounted on the heat sinks, not the other way around
>>
>>7986405
under the toroids?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.