[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure where else to post this, I figure there might be a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: classical guitar.jpg (207 KB, 1400x892) Image search: [Google]
classical guitar.jpg
207 KB, 1400x892
Not sure where else to post this, I figure there might be a few medical professionals on this board. This isn't serious enough to actually go bug a doctor down at the clinic so I figured I'd ask you guys.

The outside of my right thigh is numb. Like, not the kind of numb you get when your arm falls asleep or something. It's the kind of numb you feel when your skin gets really, really cold or something. It's been like this for a few hours now. I've tried stretching it and massaging it to push blood around, and I've tried applying a hot wet rag to it to heat it up. Didn't help much.

At first I thought it was just because I was sitting down practicing my classical guitar for so long (the position can sometimes put your leg in a weird position). But like I said it's been about 2 hours now since I stopped doing that and nothing.

>tl;dr
My leg has been numb for a few hours now despite my best efforts to correct it. Am I about to have a massive stroke or something?
>>
You should probably go to the emergency room. If not,take the largest safe dose of aspirn you can and try to move around as little as possible while laying flat.
>>
>>7983590
Emergency room? This hardly seems like that big of an issue. I am a 20 year old man, a little overweight but nowhere near the point where my arteries are plugged up with grease and cholesterol or anything. I can't see how it could be anything very serious.
>>
>>7983583
I'd cut it off if I were you.
It sounds like your symbic nerve has been caught between your trachin and quinia. If that persists there's a very large chance that the electric pulses from your spine that are being blocked by the trappage will enter straight through your groin.

I've seen this happen before and it's very messy.

Don't try to drive to the hospital - it will only make it worse. Self amputation is the only option. Make sure you have aspirin lined up.
>>
>>7983599
You might have deep vein thrombosis anon.
>>
>>7983608
There isn't any kind of pain and I'm a fairly active person except for when I'm sitting in class or practicing guitar.
>>
>>7983608
He'd probably have pain and swelling and be unable to feel the pulse on the top of his foot then.
>>
>>7983649
Dvt can have ambiguous symptoms, why take the chance?
>>
nahh man you should be good. same thing happened to me with my foot a few years ago and it turned out I was just in a weird position. it lasted about 2 weeks and the feeling started to come back. but if you spontaneously combust then its totally not my fault.
>>
It's lupus
>>
Could you explain a little more where is the numb area? behind, at the side, etc
>>
>>7984278
At the side. It's like the skin. I don't know how to describe it. Like when I push on it, I can feel it. But only because my muscles and shit underneath can feel it, do you understand? It's like the skin itself that's numb, not necessarily the underlying tissue and muscle.
>>
>>7983583
heart attack
>>
>>7983583
Try loosening your belt.
>>
>>7983583
Do you usually notice it when a part of your body becomes numb because of certain positions?
Has it ever happened to you before?
>>
It's really common with guitar but lasts about 5 minutes max.
How long were you practicing ?
>>
>>7983583
OP died, right?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.