[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How accurate is this and what are you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: home-16personalities[1].png (88 KB, 1400x1200) Image search: [Google]
home-16personalities[1].png
88 KB, 1400x1200
https://www.16personalities.com/
>>
>>7983204
I was skeptical at it fist when I got ENTP (Debater) but after doing some more research and reading people's thought who are also ENTP they seem to be very similar to me. I find it interesting that you can categorize people into types.
>>
>>7983204
just as accurate as horoscopes
>>
Does anyone else with INTP get those crazy ass neck cramps, when they yawn? I'm pretty sure it's an INTP thing.
Normies need not apply.
>>
>>7983238
INTP here
yes
>>
INTJ
>>
I think it's a good starting point to know what a person is like overall, but not enough to base deeper research on since there can be pretty big differences among people of the same type.
INTP by the way
>>
>>7983220
yup, this is effectively the popsci neet horoscope.

stupidity backed up by selective anecdotal evidence.
>>
File: received_876944785686579.jpg (20 KB, 877x544) Image search: [Google]
received_876944785686579.jpg
20 KB, 877x544
Intp. 4chanhas sci seems to attract a demographic of nts.
Not many entj though since theyre probably out doing something with their lives
>>
>>7983260
>i come on /sci/ to discuss actual science
>>
>>7983220
>>7983260
This. No predictive ability. If you take the test again in 2 weeks you'll likely get a different type.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers%E2%80%93Briggs_Type_Indicator#Criticism
>>
>>7983269
So essentially it is psych... Wow youre smart!
>>
>>7983269
I just tested this out, you might be partially right. I went from ENTP to INTP. This is after taking the test again after 2 months.
>>
>>7983288
I also go from ENTP to INTP. It's all about how focused I am on work versus social interaction. I guess I am adaptable to either.
>>
>>7983321
I think mood is a huge factor in this too, but going from ENTP to INTP is very similar, so there is possibility the NTP is correct about me. Just a guess though.
>>
>>7983204
INTP master race
>>
>>7983269
The main problem is not the test but how people take the results.
I mean, why does hardly anyone ever consider the percentages?
If someone for example said he's
60 % Introverted vs 40 % Extraverted
85 % iNtuitive vs 15 % Sensing
55 % Thinking vs 45 % Feeling
70 % Judging vs 30 % Perceiving
...it would actually tell you something,
"I'm INTJ" is an empty statement.
>>
Si=fact recall, memory, suprising your girlfriend for the anniversary of your first date, spelling bees
Se=adapting to the moment, avoiding a swerving vehicle, catching a football while backflipping, sex
Ne=rube goldberg machines, double entendres, fascination with stupid theories like the mbti
Ni=Planning ahead, pet theories kept in your head that sound crazy to others, suddenly understanding a complex idea without using logic
Fi="Knowing" someone is lying, making friends with inanimate objects, seeing into someones soul
Fe=car salesman, making people feel welcome, smiley, reading subtle body language better than most
Ti=understanding how a microchip works, able to apply complex theories in usable ways, the raw intelligence function
Te=facts, data, hard nosed dedication to efficiency in all forms, had a slight idea gravity existed and forced a bunch of INTPs to figure out the details
>>
File: 1433482402446.jpg (83 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1433482402446.jpg
83 KB, 1280x853
ISTP

I don't even know why I browse /sci/.
>>
It's not TERRIBLY useful. But it's fun and it's interesting to see how people intersect. I mean, it's not like horoscopes, at least this has some basis in fact.
>>
ESTP
Studying computer engineering.
>>
>>7983220
You are pretty dumb if you think that's a valid comparison.

>>7983288
>>7983321
>I'm unable to answer the questions consistently
>it's the tests fault, it's bullshit
I did the test twice. Once and then a year later and I got the same results. Also, your theory would make more sense if you got an entirely different personality type. If it's just one letter changing you are just a hybrid.
>>
>>7983693
OKay I did the test and I got ISTJ.
I scored ESTP when I did this test 3-4 years ago when somebody posted it on /int/ (I think flags were just introduced and I roamed there) and somebody posted a personality test.

Life was I guess so much more exciting before university.
And god knows what kind of site I tested it for.
>>
File: 1436793190543.jpg (49 KB, 392x373) Image search: [Google]
1436793190543.jpg
49 KB, 392x373
>>7983204
INFP
>"understanding and creating symbols to share their ideas."
I am a memelord apparently.
>>
>>7983204
MBTI is to the Big 5 personality test what
BMI is to body fat percentage measuring

Everybody knows there's a more accurate way to measure but they prefer the inaccurate system so they can delude themselves and let them shine in a better light.
>>
ISFJ - "The Defender"
While some things are accurate others are not (enjoying being with other people, pff. If I were sociable I wouldn't be here).
In general I don't trust too much a test which can be completed so fast and with so few questions.
>>
where the ISTJs at
I think it fits me, also I went for the career path they say ISTJs are good at
>>
Mechanical Engineering major here, their description is pretty accurate minus the part about constantly working on projects. I'm too lazy for that.
>>
Got ESTP 2 years ago and got it again today
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.