[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
question about bad sight here Is it possible to make a photo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 370x136) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 370x136
question about bad sight here
Is it possible to make a photo in such a way that a person who needs glasses would see it perfectly without glasses?

So somehow blurring the picture in such a way that a miopic person would see it clearly when looking from the right distance/angle etc.
>>
no, because blurriness is lack of information. You would need more information in order to let a person see better
>>
>>7982908
>what are 3D posters
>>
>>7982908
wut?
>>
>>7982911
that's not just blurry, it has more information
>>
>>7982908
I don't think you understand what I'm askin. Glasses don't "add info" to a picture, they just distort it so that a messed up eye will see it as clear. So I am asking, can we distort the original image so that a messed up eye will see it as clear.
>>
>>7982915
>blurring the picture in such a way
>in such a way

that sentence also had more information that was hidden from your view, apparently
>>
>>7982908
>blurriness is lack of information

And jesus wept.
>>
>>7982908
bluriness isn't lack of information, but noise. And in case of bad sight that noise has some known analytical traits, so that mathematically it could be accounted for
>>
pmub
>>
Holy moly /sci/....

The answer is no. A clear image passing through a corrective lens will indeed look blurry to a normal eye, but there is information overlap and such, information hidden from your eyes, and a clear source image. A blurry image alone is the lack on information, unrecoverable. The image would have to be blurred in some really technical way as to have a clear source image with a focusing layer of glass on top or something.
>>
>>7983056
>The image would have to be blurred in some really technical way
Well, yes. This is what I was asking. How should it be blurred?
Perhaps a certain type of bad sight can be compensated for analytically?
>>
Post this to /r/AskScience, you might actually get an interesting answer
>>
>>7983098
>/r/AskScience
IDK how to reddit
>>
Blurriness can be lack of information, but it can also be perfectly recoverable. There are many types of blur in this world! The blur from a malfunctioning eye could be anything from faulty lens to damaged nerves. Unless we can model what causes the blur it will be difficult to answer.
>>
>>7983060
There is no way to blur a image so it appears sharper by someone with bad sight anon. Look at how a lens work in gathering light to a point and what causes blurriness to occur and you'll realize why it is impossible.
>>
>>7983115
I'm talking about a person with glasses. So yeah, we know all about how to compensate for the noise.

>>7983126
I didn't say it was easy, but mathematically it seems possible.
>>
i m afraid you need optics/physics 101. I ll try to simplify but glhf :
optical correction affects rays propagation, a poster is a fixed image = if it is blurry it's over. the blur is your data and it's the best you can have.
Idea : you need a sharp object as source and compensation optics in between = glasses on your nose , or glasses on your object.
>>
>>7983138
You can deblur images using computers, but the issue here is that the blurring occurs in the lens of the optical eye after any processing has been done to it. That's another problem.
>>
>>7983161
What I am trying to say is that you could still deblur it at the source, however it would opnly hold for one particular lense and probably at a particular length and angle.
>>
>>7983126
Go look through the glasses of someone with bad vision (assuming you have good vision). You see a blurred image that looks clear to the guy who owns the glasses you're wearing.
>>
>>7983161
Nah not blurring, just lack of focusing ability.
>>
>>7982887
Yes, you could. Blurring a picture can be seen as a convolution, and you can recover the image if you know the form of the lens function. If you know the form of blur their eye creates for the picture, you can find the inverse and apply it to the picture.
>>
>>7983132
>I didn't say it was easy, but mathematically it seems possible.

I'm not saying it is hard, I am saying it is impossible, as in even if blurring technology evolved until the heat death of the universe you couldn't do what you propose.

It's not mathematically / physically possible because of how images are sampled trough blurry lenses.
>>
>>7983215
>hasn't done elementary optics
Read some Hecht, bitch.
>>
>>7983227
>hasn't done elementary optics bitch

At least I'm not being wrong on the internet while posting anonymously like a chump, chump.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.