[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to rapidly change the electrical conductivity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1457831844088.jpg (206 KB, 784x776) Image search: [Google]
1457831844088.jpg
206 KB, 784x776
Is there a way to rapidly change the electrical conductivity of a sheet of material? Is something like this possible or does it exist?
>>
>>7982005

electrical characteristics of different materials change with temperature

but this usually isn't practical

what are you trying to do?
>>
>>7982017
I want to change the electrical conductivity of part of a reflector for an antenna, but I don't think it's possible.
>>
>>7982005
changes in pressure or temperature. this is actually the basis for most electrical sensors.
>>
>>7982024
>I want to change the electrical conductivity of part of a reflector for an antenna

why?
>>
>>7982005
ocsillators
>>
>>7982028
It's for a project I'm working on. I need to be able to change the near field by changing the conductivity.
>>
>>7982024
>>7982005
Hollow antenna, gets injected with coolant?
>>
>>7982082
what kind of antenna is it? do you have a picture?
>>
>>7982005
Evee heard of SEMICONDUCTORS?
>>
>>7982005
There are many ways.

- semiconductors where you change the resistance by shining light on the surface
- semiconductors in a sandwich structure where you change the resistance by applying an electrical field
- semiconductors where you change the resistance by a varying magnetic field (see Hall effect)
- a plain sheet when you increase the resistance by cutting into the sheet (a bit crude but it fits your requirements unless you are more precise about how fast and if the process should be reversible.
- a surface acoustic structure, modulated by ultrasonics
- metal film where you change resistivity by applying a pressure.
>>
>>7982005
You're asking if it's possible to turn something into a magnet. Temporarily yes.
>>
>>7982005
>Is there a way to rapidly change the electrical conductivity of a sheet of material? Is something like this possible or does it exist?

>Post something from a COMPUTER on a ONLINE DIGITAL message board
>Doesn't know what a semiconductor is.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.