[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of McKenna's TimeWave Zero theory? Also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
What do you think of McKenna's TimeWave Zero theory?

Also what do you think of McKenna in general? I saw him as generally respectable although a bit biased when pushing some of that stoned ape stuff but this I-ching stuff sounds a bit loony
>>
Dirty hippie
>>
File: kim(1).jpg (61 KB, 634x634) Image search: [Google]
kim(1).jpg
61 KB, 634x634
Kim is best waifu.
>>
File: kimwaifu.jpg (197 KB, 470x588) Image search: [Google]
kimwaifu.jpg
197 KB, 470x588
Long live Kim Waifu.
>>
>>7980090
In what way was he biased in regard to the stoned ape situation?
I have not gotten into the time wave yet but Terence is the smartest person I ever heard speak.
>>
>>7980913
bait

I regret making this thread. It's painfully obvious how ridiculous the pseudoscience involved here is
>>
File: 44537356.png (257 KB, 835x483) Image search: [Google]
44537356.png
257 KB, 835x483
Honestly Terence was exceptionally erudite. it's mystifying to me why he deliberately tarnished his reputation with it (timewave and propagating the 2012 meme)
>>
>>7980090
Nonsensical babble. The fact that you think this sounds only "a bit" loony does not speak well towards your intelligence.
>>
The I Ching stuff is nuts and without that it's just a vanilla singularity theory
>>
>>7980090
bad philosophy and pseudoscience
>>
>>7981765

but it turned out to be true.
>>
File: McKenna.png (643 KB, 943x632) Image search: [Google]
McKenna.png
643 KB, 943x632
>>7981765
I agree.

Maybe because of the brain tumor?

>>7981778
Have you listened to some of his other stuff?

The only reason I don't immediately write it off as nonsense is because as >>7981765
this guy says, some of his ideas are astute and thought provoking. Most notably what he preaches about cultural influences
>>
I like McKenna (I'm a pretty big fan of mushrooms) and I agree with the idea that rationalism is too limited to fully capture the human experience, but at the level of subjectivity he usually dealt with, philosophical propositions are just alternative frames-of-view you can interact with as one would with art or poetry.

So time-wave zero isn't true or false, its just very abstract and hard to relate to unless you've spent a lot of time tripping and examining the I-Ching. Likewise stoned ape is supposed to be a way of informing our view of ourselves as modern humans, not an actual evolutionary theory. Calling it "a bit biased" is weird because bias describes the unwanted presence of subjectivity and doesn't really apply to a statement that is 100% subjective by design

Obviously we still need ways to make falsifiable statements about the world, and there's a place for purely rational discourse even within philosophy, but I think we risk negating the most vital parts of ourselves if we stop at the water's edge and don't ever take the time to eat some shrooms and think about some nonlinear shit
>>
>>7980090
since timewave zero is a fractal waveform so by definition it's impossible NOT to find ANY given event at the ANY peak or drop of the waveform.

I like the stoned ape idea tho, I long wonder why there are so little shroom addicts out there, contrary to all other psychotopic substances

could someone post a good video/interview about his theories?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.