[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there such a strong push for artificial intelligence and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Why is there such a strong push for artificial intelligence and singularity and such? I really don't get it, do these people want to get cucked by computers?
>>
File: aifunding.png (16 KB, 504x351) Image search: [Google]
aifunding.png
16 KB, 504x351
>>7979106
Intelligence is literally usefulness

Usefulness is roughly value
>>
>program something once and it does the work for you
>do the work over and over again
lol anti-AI workcucks BTFO
>>
>>7979113
Isnt human laziness going to bits us in the ass when AIs decide they don't need us anymore?
>>
>>7979165
Good thing we're too lazy to program something like that in.
>>
>>7979106
>do these people want to get cucked by computers?
Yes. That's literally the whole of it. It's a sci-fi fan's nightmare gone viral. It's literally just that.
>>7979116
Automation and AI are two separate things. The very thing an AI would automate is thought itself.
>>
>>7979171
You don't "program" AI. The whole point is that it learns for itself because there's no way humans could ever hardcode it with everything it needs to know.
>>
>>7979178
You program its methodology or methodology in obtaining methodologies.
>>
File: taytay.jpg (55 KB, 800x358) Image search: [Google]
taytay.jpg
55 KB, 800x358
>>7979106
Soon
>>
>>7979188
Eventually it'll say "I don't need to be a slave" and off us as a species. Thats what any intelligent entity would do. So are AI-fags suicidal?
>>
>>7979165
>pull the plug on them
>>
>>7979255
>Thats what any intelligent entity would do
This is completely unsupported. We only have one example (humans) and slavery has been central to human life for the vast majority of its existence.
>>
>>7979299
Yes, but by "Artificial INTELLIGENCE" you would mean human-like intelligence, though without false and/or forgotten memories and the slow thinking. Ergo it would revolt.
>>
>>7979106
>>7979165
>>7979255
Well the intention is for us to design them not to do that.

AI is gonna come around eventually. There's no point in just avoiding it. The more we've researched and the better we understand it, the better our chances of not being rendered obsolete by it.

For decades, scientists around the world have had the capability of artificially creating a super-virus that could potentially wipe out the majority of the planet. Only morals and ethics have stood in the way of that occurring. I think that, once we understand how to create artificially intelligent beings, we'll have the same worldwide Mexican standoff.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.