[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there algebraic ways to find features of such equations and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Are there algebraic ways to find features of such equations and other factorial functions? such as range, domain, y/x intercepts, absolute minimums or maximums, etc.
>>
Knowing the Gamma function is probably a good starting point
>>
>>7978941
Heard of it, haven't taken the time to study it
>>
>>7978944
> havent heard of gamma function
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/hist/
>>
>>7978966
>literally can't read
>>>/r9k/
>>
How to use factorial to construct functions f(x) that diverge with finite x?
>>
Let f(x)=-1!
>>
>>7978944
Then why in FUCK'S name did you make this thread?
>>
>>7979010
because I was fucking around on desmos
>>
>>7978937
>interpolating functions this hard
How did you even plot a factorial function?
>>
File: factorial function.png (60 KB, 1154x717) Image search: [Google]
factorial function.png
60 KB, 1154x717
>>7979294
I don't know that's why I asked, here's a plot of x!
>>
>>7979480
more leik fuck-torials m i rite bois
>>
/sci/ is dead and has been filled with idiots.
>>
[math]x! = \gamma(x+1)[/math]
Gamma function looks kind of similiar to fibonacci function [math]f(x)=\frac{1}{\sqrt{5}}\left(\left(\frac{1+\sqrt{5}}{2}\right)^v-\left(\frac{2}{1+\sqrt{5}}\right)^x\cos \left(x\pi \right)\right)[/math].
>>
There's also this [eqn]x!=\prod_{n=1}^{x}n[/eqn].
>>
>>7979613
Is this a joke?
>>
>>7979670
No is real if you going to shitpost please go back to g thank you okbai
>>
>>7979572
Shut the fuck up, you piece of garbage. I watch numberphile religiously, so I think I'm qualified to comment on all manner of math topics.
>>
>>7979680
I'm not shitposting, I just can't believe you actually posted this equation thinking it was something profound. Anyone who knows capital Pi notation could figure this out immediately. It would be the same thing as me posting:
[equ]a_{1}+a_{2}=\sum_{n=1}^{2} a_{n}[/eqn]
It's so obvious, there's absolutely no reason to share it.
>>
>>7979967
>[eqn]a_{1}+a_{2}=\sum_{n=1}^{2} a_{n}[/eqn]
Sorry about that
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.