[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up royally /sci/. A month and a half ago I submitted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: chris1.png (266 KB, 338x346) Image search: [Google]
chris1.png
266 KB, 338x346
I fucked up royally /sci/. A month and a half ago I submitted a paper to this journal that's prestigious in my country, but I just found out that my paper is fucking garbage. I read it and holy shit, I can't believe I submitted it like this. I was rushed by everyone around me because there was a different project I needed to do at the time. I missed the required font, reference style and honestly some things that I should have taken into accord I didn't. I'm fine with the content, but I'd expand it for at least a few pages. What's the etiquette? Can I resubmit it or is it a goner? How would I even go about doing that so that I at least end up looking like just a retard, instead of a disrespectful retard?
>>
tbqh senpai u can start by killing urself lmao
>>
>>7978898
As things are now, I might as well do so
>>
I don't see a "I take it back" option, but I really don't know and you should find out by asking.

Otherwise, if the content is so good you might just get that message back and you change it in the second run.

And you can always give it to another journal.
>>
>>7978883
Back before the internet, during the age of snail mail, you were supposed to sit and think on any letter you wrote for 1 week after you wrote it. If you read it at the end of the week and still agree with what you said, you mailed it.

That type of thinking should be extended to many aspects of life including submitting scientific papers.

I would fix it, call them up and explain the situation. I'm sure it is just sitting in a pile of papers on a desk or backlog of emails on some server waiting to be read.
>>
>>7978883
wwww
>>
>>7978979
This. Just hit them up and tell them you will send them a corrected version. If its not too late and they haven't send it out for peer review you should be fine.
>>
>>7978883
Why dont you just do the 'I sent you the wrong version and I just noticed it xD'
>>
>>7978993
How late is too late? It's being published by the end of April.
>>
>>7978883
Email them and ask if they'll publish and updated version of your paper. The very worst that could happen is they'll say no, and it's obviously in their interest to accept it.

It's not like you're the first human being to experience this situation.
>>
>>7978883
Papers are never published on their first submission. Even if you had done your absolute best it would come back with major revisions required.

I'm a published scientist. Every time you submit a paper the reviewers pretty much rip it to shreds no matter how good it is on the first draft. You would have to be some sort of superhuman prodigy to get a paper accepted in its first draft with no revisions.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.