[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pistol Star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
This star is one of the most luminous stars known, it radiates as much energy as the sun does throughout the year, in around 20 seconds. It is located in the Pistol Nebula. It is invisible due to the interstellar dust in the way.
>>
All right, genius. If it's invisible, how did you take a picture of it?
>>
>>7978615

oh you
>>
>>7978615
With a dust filter obviously.
>>
>>7978615

He didn't. An Ayylmao took one for him
>>
File: No_stars_2.jpg (157 KB, 594x600) Image search: [Google]
No_stars_2.jpg
157 KB, 594x600
>>7978615
If the star is so bright, why are the stars in the background visible?
>>
What is the level of variance of roundness between stars of different output energies?
Which are more round / less wobbly, stars of lower or stars of higher output energies? How much does the Sun's surface wobble by irregular distribution of output energy?
What could be an extreme case of a star with an uneven surface?
>>
>>7978719
why does the moon cut off so abruptly in the picture? shouldn't it be a gradual curve
>>
>>7978763

>Flat Moon theory
>>
>>7978778
I try not to be a conspiracist but shit like that doesn't make it any easier. Do you have an explanation?
>>
File: 9495697_1280x720.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
9495697_1280x720.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>7978763

why does the earth cut off so abruptly in the picture? shouldn't it be a gradual curve
>>
>>7978807

Dude, I was joking. And before you respond, please be mindful that this planet....or any planet, planetoid, moon, etc in orbit is not flat. Don't let those subhuman knuckle children fool you into thinking otherwise, anon.

>inb4 line of sight and simple trigonometry
>>
>>7978825
so they're on top of a hill?
>>
>It used to be even bigger
>>
>>7978838

>A candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long
>>
>>7978832
Listen. I believe in magic and alternate realms. I think there are paths you can take through the forest that will put you in places that no map will ever reach.

It takes monumental patience for me to ignore how stupid your question sounds. Regardless of physics or any such model of reality, the question itself SOUNDS dumb. Now, I'm not SAYING you're dumb or even that I BELIEVE you possess such a trait, but that the QUESTION sounds so terrible to me that I have a hard time asking what you mean by it.

By >>7978763
>cut off so abruptly
are you actually referring to the fact that it appears flat, ie., has a horizon? Because I want to believe there's a charitable interpretation of your question but I'm just not finding it.
>>
>>7978854
Sure, be as condescending as possible without answering the question. Ass.

If you don't know what I'm asking then maybe you're not as smart as you think?
>>
>>7978754
How bumpy is the sun's surface?
What type of star is the least round?
>>
>>7978866
>as smart as you think?
>>7978854
>I believe in magic and alternate realms.
Smart has nothing to do with it. You're either an honest poster trying to ask an honest question about some aspect of the horizon or you're not.
>>
>>7978866
What exactly are you asking, I dont think anyone can tell
>>
File: 1455697282076.jpg (21 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1455697282076.jpg
21 KB, 240x240
>>7978778
It is flat because we've never seen the other side! Fuck NASA. BOYCOTT!
>>
>>7978763
The moon is smaller than the earth, so naturally the horizon will be too
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.