[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Flat Earth Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: flat_earth.jpg (52 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
flat_earth.jpg
52 KB, 600x250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_MwJPS7DQQ

>There's a movement that INSISTS the Earth is flat
>Videos like this have 556 likes

How does this happen?
>>
>>7976174
it's like religion, they are entitled to have their idea of reality.
But this asshole it pissing me off. He is too narrow minded.
>>
>>7976174
memes
>>
- All objects attracts eachothers no matter how small.
- If the earth is flat, how come we don't fall of the edge?
- A spaceship not going straight up,doesn't prove the earth is flat.
- Ofcourse there are more videos of the IS.
- In the IS there is a ventilation system that collects moisture so that it won't damage the circuits. 8:08
- It's not possible to do a backflip and staying in the same position on earth without a harness.
- People have been to Antarctica.
- This guy is high as fuck, but i'll have whatever he's having.
>>
>>7976651
>All objects attract each other
You are conflating microgravity with macrogravity. All celestial objects (other than Earth) can certainly be observed to attract each other, but gravity has never been observed between objects of small mass.
>Why don't we fall off?
Antarctica is a big wall, with snipers (from NASA) stationed to prevent people from wandering past the Earth
>Not going straight up
Alright, I'll give you this one
>Stuff about the IS
This information is provided by NASA and should be considered forfeit
>Backflips
Of course not, but that doesn't hold stage magicians back.
>Been to Antarctica
No one actually goes to Antarctica without being captured and replaced by a double
>Fellow is high
Are you with the anti-hemp lobby too?
>>
>>7976671
If Antarcitca is a wall, then how do we know it is? You just said all of the witnesses who go there are captured.
>>
>>7976681
It was a whistleblower from NASA (notice the similarity with NSA?)
>>
File: ship.jpg (187 KB, 1160x1223) Image search: [Google]
ship.jpg
187 KB, 1160x1223
>>7976671
i can agree on the false information of NASA.
But if the earth was indeed flat.
Why is it not possible to stand on mountain and while using a telescope to see every continent ?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_zone

I'm still waiting for a flat earther to explain this.
>>
>>7976725
The reason we feel gravity is because the Earth is being accelerated upwards at 9.8 m/s^2. Light actually experiences this acceleration directly, as do celestial objects. However, the light is lighter than the Earth, so accelerates slightly faster. Thus it curves upwards, creating the illusion of a horizon.
>>
Hey flatcocks.
If the le earth is flat ;

1 ) Where are the edges of the earth ?

2 ) Howcome we have sun moon cycle ?

3 ) Why has not one person documented these ?

If you can answer these questions without muh conspiracy meme, you'll get a cockie
>>
>>7976754
1) Antarctica is the edge of the Earth and goes all the way around.
2) The sun is a spotlight, and only shines on certain parts of the Earth at a time, since light curves upwards (so past a certain distance, the light would no longer strike Earth's surface). Same with the moon.
3) Documented what? You can find the answers to these questions at https://wiki.tfes.org/FAQ
>>
>>7976671
Gravity between small objects was measured to determine the gravitational constant. Cavendish experiment familio
>>
>>7976738
Light (photons) don't have mass.
Also there wouldn't be any reason for light to curve upwards since there isn't anything that refracts it.
>>
>>7976738
>light accelerates
Velocity of light is constant in vacuum. How can it accelerate upward. Light would travel faster than c then.
>Thus it curves upwards
How would that cause the effect of the horizon. If it curves upward? That would also mean that if I am travelling in a plane I would be able to see object let's say 1km away from me on the X axis by looking straight at the ground because the emitted photons would just curve into my eyes.
>>
>>7976776
> 1) Antarctica is the edge of the Earth and goes all the way around.
Any photos of this ? Why has not one person documented this ?

> 2) The sun is a spotlight, and only shines on certain parts of the Earth at a time, since light curves upwards
Nope. On a flat surface, you can see any light source no matter how far it is. For it to go beyond your horizon it needs to get behind something. Like a spherical earth. Flat earth doesn't explain this.

> 3) Documented what? You can find the answers to these questions at https://wiki.tfes.org/FAQ
I said documented, not just typed up this retarded bullshit like a blog. Never seen a documentary with actual photos and videos and evidence ?
>>
>>7976174
he's right about one thing, i always heard fucktards say there's no gravity on the ISS . gravity there is basically almost exactly the same as on the ground.
>>
I'm honestly convinced that the flat earth movement is nothing but an elaborate hoax. Sure there are your idiots that actually believe it, but for the most part I think it is just trolls getting a laugh.

It's obvious the world isn't flat to anybody with the tiniest bit of scientific understanding.

I even think that the recent showdown on twitter between Niel DeGrasse Tyson and the rapper B.o.B. was a publicity stunt. He gained tens of thousands of followers because of that since people wanted to see all the ridiculous shit he said. Then what do you know, he drops a new album like 2 days later. What a coincidence. He does something to make national news, then drops a new album.
>>
Okay one question. How do satellites work then? by the flat earth theory they should be able to access most of the surface of the planet exactly half the day and none of it the other half all at around the same time.
>>
>>7976738
The speed of light is 299,792,458 meters/second.

If we are accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2 then we would go from stopped to the speed of light in 30,591,067 seconds. That is only 354 days.

We would exceed the speed of light and violate physics as we understand it in under 1 year.
>>
>>7976174
>How does this happen?
Crash two realms together and you'll see this stuff.
>>
File: Giants_and_Freia.jpg (102 KB, 472x599) Image search: [Google]
Giants_and_Freia.jpg
102 KB, 472x599
>>7976822
>Any photos of this ? Why has not one person documented this ?
Because of the frost giants, you moron. They kill anyone trying to take photos.
Man, do you need the simplest things explained to you? I swear to Odin.
>>
>>7976863
I was actually expecting some realistic deviantart flat earth concept art for them to try selling as evidence.
>>
File: flatlight.png (28 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
flatlight.png
28 KB, 533x400
>>7976853
I mean that we are accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2 in our own reference frame. Relative to a stationary object the level of acceleration would of course go down as time went on.

>>7976804
It's accelerated up, but then there has to be (from our own reference frame) a corresponding drop in lateral velocity.

Curving upwards causes the effect of the horizon like in pic related.
>>
File: checkmatebrainlets.png (25 KB, 503x210) Image search: [Google]
checkmatebrainlets.png
25 KB, 503x210
>>7976843
This exactly. No semi-informed people can truly believe this. Considering things mentioned in this thread, GPS, literally all of astronomy, etc.

It's also a great way for people like B.o.B. and Tila Tequila to stay relevant. Gossip sites/social media love to talk about this shit.

>pic related

Even Tila can't be this stupid.
>>
>>7976735
not a single response from a flatlet
well done anon
>>
>>7976873
>flatlight.png
>Euclidean spacetime
>>
>>7976873
>I mean that we are accelerating at 9.8 m/s^2 in our own reference frame.

No, what you mean is that you are fucking retarded and have absolutely no evidence to back up your ridiculous claim. I hope for your sake you are just trolling because you are a complete fucking moron if you actually believe that shit.
>>
>>7976738
If it's being accelerated upwards, then why does my balloon stay afloat?
>>
Here's a hypothesis as to why. Every opinion and every idea has somebody who holds a contrary opinion. These contrarians feel it is their duty to spread their word as loudly and confidently as possible. This is part of a greater set of checks and balances to make sure our 'progress' doesn't go too far and end up killing us all. So smart people are like "we're creating ai" and a large amount of people go "no you shouldn't because this" and in the end everyone is a bit more careful about what their doing and all hell doesn't break loose. But contrarians must do what they do even today when we are so sure that we are right about science. These people are are basically arguing that science will be the end of us all and we should just stack rocks and shit, and believe only what we can see.

I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find a guy that believes that CFC's are good for the environment. Oh wait, I found him:
http://www.godismyjudgeok.com/CFCs.php
>>
>>7976174
The Flat earth asshole is very misinformed.

>1. Jumping up & being pulled down is gravity. Why doesn't the moon come crashing down on us and instead orbits us? Why don't we go crashing into the sun?

Gravity has a quicker effect on the mass of humans than on the moon. If you jump you are brought down because your inertia is that of the earth's rotation and you are significantly lower mass than the earth itself. The moon has a much larger mass, is farther away, and it orbits us because it was in motion before. If the moon was perfectly still and so was the earth, then I guess that the moon 'would' come crashing into us eventually! Lets back up a second. This guy is preeching flat earth claims but how can the moon "orbit" a flat earth?

>2. Why doesnt our moon have it's own moon and those moons have mini moons?
Well, in a way, that is exactly how the universe works. The moon orbits the earth. The earth orbits the sun. The sun orbits something else far away and so on. It doesnt stop, just the present.
>>
>>7977167
>3. Nothing can prove gravity, nothing has orbiting objects besides earth and moon. Theres no equation for gravity.
Not sure what he expects as an equation but gravity can be measured and its been said its 9.8 m/s? And Jupiter has many orbiting moons.

>4. ISS is staged and pretending to do fake backflips on a green screen.
Dont see how this is arguing the flat earth point. Is it staged? I dont know why are you watching that in the first place? Not proving your point.

>conclusion
The earth is 4 dimensionally flat, but that in 3 dimensional terms is called a sphere. The claim that the earth is '3dimensionally flat" is wrong.

At least he's interested in science. Dont make fun of people that arent as capable.
>>
>>7977167
The earth doesnt crash into earth because its going sideways too fast, the some reason we dont crash into the sun

2. There are a bunch of man made sattelites orbiting the moon, do they count?
>>
>>7976877
>that pic
the concept of 'inertia' should be mandatory in every school
>>
>>7977920
implying that would have made a difference in the case of Ms Tequila
>>
>>7976174
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment

this is painful to see a scientifically illiterate flat earther talk about this. this was done hundreds of years ago
>>
>>7976735
>shadow zone
global conspiracy between geologists
>Coriolis effect
global conspiracy shared by all snipers
>space race with russia
global conspiracy, one world order
>gravity
global conspiracy, constant acceleration
>most science
global conspiracy, its all religion anyway
>gps and satellites
global conspiracy, cell towers

source, my mother

but for real tho, the Coriolis should be exaggerated in the southern hemishpere, the shadow zone should not exist, gravity would mean a pillar earth, not a disc earth, and how the fuck does gps work in africa with no cell towers if not for satellites?
>>
File: 3c5b7-flat_earthqq[1].jpg (67 KB, 1006x492) Image search: [Google]
3c5b7-flat_earthqq[1].jpg
67 KB, 1006x492
Hey flatcocks.
If the le earth is flat ;

1 ) Where are the edges of the earth ?

2 ) Howcome we have sun moon cycle ?

3 ) Why has not one person documented these ?

If you can answer these questions without muh conspiracy meme, you'll get a cockie
>>
I'll just leave this here
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
>>
>>7978029
Do you believe in transformers too kid ?
>>
I live on the southern coast of Finland, why can't I see Estonia if the earth is flat?
>>
>>7976873
You do realize that with this picture not only would tops of the objects disappear first, but also the curved light would cause objects near horizon to appear on the ground closer to us due to ray tracking.
>>
Either these guys are master trolls or I was correct about /sci/ being board of bunch of retards
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.