[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
consequence cant exist light coming from a star that has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: dffgf.jpg (127 KB, 1600x746) Image search: [Google]
dffgf.jpg
127 KB, 1600x746
consequence cant exist

light coming from a star that has been traveling for 13 BILLION years, being bent and turned by gravity distortions and nearby galaxies, at that EXACT moment collides with YOUR eye and you see it

the odds of this happening randomly are ASTRONOMICAL

ergo, it was by design

visavis predestination
>>
The universe is deterministic, the odds of anything happening is 1 in 1.
>>
>>7975612
umm ok so roll a 13 billion sided dice and see if you guess a number right on your first try, and if you do, tell me its a coincidence

i dare you
>>
>>7975615
I mean if you are smart enough you can calculate the throw or predetermine result, when throwing. Thats what is done in fact. There is just no creature smart enought to calculate it.
>>
File: what-1.jpg (19 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
what-1.jpg
19 KB, 310x310
>consequence cant exist light coming from
>a star that has been traveling for 13 BILLION
>years, being bent and turned by gravity
>distortions and nearby galaxies, at that EXACT
>moment collides with YOUR eye and you see
>it the odds of this happening randomly are
>ASTRONOMICAL ergo, it was by design
>isavis predestination
wat
>>
probability
>>
>>7975615
Bad analogy. Guess a number between 1 and 13 billion, then roll 3.14x10^13bn dice. If not bait, inexcusably retarded.
>>
>throw a quadrillion sided die
>it lands on one of the sides, any random side, which it necessarily must do
>this is meant to imply anything
um.
It's not like you presciently guessed which photon would enter your eye.
Dumb fucks.
>>
>>7975607
that is not how probability works
>sun emits light
>light travels in straight line and covers half of the earth at any given time
>light bounces massive number of times, meaning it illuminates rooms through windows
>it is somehow unlikely that even 1 in a quintillion photons gets into your eyes
christian roleplayers, are you even trying?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.