[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he full of shit about the "transmitting electricity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: znameniti-srbi.jpg (45 KB, 475x316) Image search: [Google]
znameniti-srbi.jpg
45 KB, 475x316
Was he full of shit about the "transmitting electricity through the air at barely no loss" thing?

I'm an electrician and I have my doubts
>>
Yeah dude just excite the EM field and electricity appears wherever you want it to
>>
File: assburgerpeoplemustknow.jpg (22 KB, 154x305) Image search: [Google]
assburgerpeoplemustknow.jpg
22 KB, 154x305
I saw someone sucking his dick about this on facebook and got triggered.
>>
>>7973966
he was Tesla, so i don't doubt he was telling a lie.

He probably knew it was possible one way or another, too bad he's dead and we dont have his creativty to bring this to light
>>
>>7975462
>too bad he's dead
When will this meme die?
He lived until the 1940's.
He didn't go batshit crazy until the 1930's.
But he stopped producing anything of value in the 1890's.
>>
the american government was responsible for poisoning tesla with delerium drugs through his maid during afternoon tea

they didnt want it to get around that electricity can be sent wirelessly because america was already owned by oil companies
>>
>>7973966
The -real- reason is he was 'slightly' wrong about his wireless power transfer method.

Tesla was a famously arrogant man and didn't like having people look over his math. His wireless power transfer theory works (and can be easily demonstrated with a Tesla coil) but he made a famous mathematical error wherein he calculated that power loss was a linear function rather than a square function of distance (like most natural phenomena)

Long story short: Wireless power transfer doesn't work at long distances. There was/is no massive conspiracy to hide his work, he just dropped an exponent and was too proud to hace anyone review his work.
>>
>>7975483
>they didnt want it to get around that electricity can be sent wirelessly because america was already owned by oil companies
That's just wrong.
Wireless transmission of power would encourage more oil consumption, to produce all that electricity.

>>7975508
>His wireless power transfer theory works (and can be easily demonstrated with a Tesla coil)
Or a old fashioned crystal radio.
All radio waves carry/are energy.
>>
>>7975467
>batshit crazy

You mean when the government started harassing him?
>>
>>7975508
If he was faking then explain this picture. Where's the wires??
>>
>>7975508
forgot pic
>>
>>7975517
He produced electricity without oil.
>>
>>7976215
Bulb is obviously being powered by one weber per square metre
>>
>>7976238
He built flying saucers in Area 51.
>>
>>7976289
i heard that he invented unix at bell labs for at&t
>>
>>7976303
I hear he invented Golang
>>
>>7973966
Yes he was. He was full of shit most of the time mostly because he was so confident he didn't test most of his ideas.
>>
>>7975722
>>7975467
Neither of you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>7975508
It's not that he made mistakes in mathematics, he didn't believe in mathematics. He clashed with physicists about electromagnetic radiation because he wouldn't believe their theories... that's why he made up so much nonsense.
>>
File: Tunguska_event-Epicenter.jpg (101 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
Tunguska_event-Epicenter.jpg
101 KB, 500x374
what do you think of that story about him creating a death ray and accidentally nuking Siberia?
>>
>>7973966
Well, a transformer will do this at close range, but Tesla did not actually understand or use mathematics in his inventions to a large degree.

If he just used some DEs and vector calc he would have realized that he can't get that good of a power transition over certain distances.
>>
>>7976289
He did produce electricity without oil : he permitted to build the dam over the niagara falls, opening the path to most of our clean producing of electricity
>>
I heard he did two sow cows and a triple lutz while wearing a blindfold.
>>
>>7976344
I've never heard someone linking the tsungka event to tesla.
Probably just a meteor explosion
>>
>>7976545
>>7976308
>>7976303
He invented the EmDrive.
>>
>>7976215
>>7976211

From that post:
>His wireless power transfer theory works (and can be easily demonstrated with a Tesla coil)

The effect is real, but it drops off too quickly with distance to be usable for long-range transmission.

Tesla hoped to solve this by using the Earth and the ionosphere as a resonating cavity, but the values he used for their conductivity were far too high - *if* they were conductive enough, it'd work, but IRL the cavity is far too lossy for power transfer.
>>
>>7975467
>When will this meme die?
When death itself may die? Wait a strange aeons or so.
>>
>>7973966
Are you talking about using the EMF from the earth core?

That can be done, but not a wise idea.
>>
File: hydro-power-plant.jpg (366 KB, 1800x1350) Image search: [Google]
hydro-power-plant.jpg
366 KB, 1800x1350
>>7976238
>He produced electricity without oil.
So do lots of people.
Why didn't the government stop other hydro plants?
Or nukes?
>>
>>7977016
>using the Earth and the ionosphere as a resonating cavity, but the values he used for their conductivity were far too high
As was the frequency he used.
Clearly he didn't actually understand radio.
For that matter, why didn't he beat MArconi to the punch with trans-Atlantic radio telegraphy, then use the profit to finance his power system?
Oh yeah, that's right: he couldn't build a trans-Atlantic transmitter, even with that era's equivalent of millions in funding.
>>
>>7977020
The mad Arab
>>
>>7977304
Please do not post useless cultural metadata here.

We don't want a /sci/ based AI to get tripped up on invalid usage patterns.
>>
>>7973966
you might want to look here
http://getcorp.com/faq/

most people don't have a clue about what Tesla was trying to do. There is so much bullshit and bad info out there it is hard to find a place to start.

If you really want to understand how Tesla's system would work then you need to investigate EM propagation in a waveguide. In particular the peculiar phenomena associated with TM and TE mode propagation.
Then you need to understand that the Earth / Ionoshpere combination creates a concentric spherical waveguide that when excited with the proper frequencies will indeed transmit power globally with very small losses. Waveguides can transmit power with very small losses even tho the surface that makes up the waveguide boundary has less than perfect conductivity.

Just for grins and giggles you can check out the differences in power loss between wires and waveguides here
http://www.rfwireless-world.com/Terminology/difference-between-waveguide-and-coaxial-line.html
>>
>>7973966
read this, and then we'll talk
https://web.archive.org/web/20140927053814/http://globalenergytransmission.com/index.php/en/latest-news/27-examining-working-principle-of-tesla-tower
>>
File: fairy-light-heart-brokenheart.gif (491 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fairy-light-heart-brokenheart.gif
491 KB, 480x270
>>7977016
>>7977107

so what about femtosecond lasers now? they sure behave differently
>>
>>7977682
M8, it's just total internal reflection with radio frequency. You do know that light and radio are the same phenomena?
>>
>>7973966
Everyone is full of shit.
Trust me, I'm a Doctor after all
>>
>>7977752
>M8, it's just total internal reflection with radio frequency. You do know that light and radio are the same phenomena?

it is my understanding that light and radio are both forms of electromagnetic radiation just as fog and hail are both forms of precipitation.

since you understand total internal reflection you must agree that Tesla's idea is workable
>>
His ideas are sound and easy to prove.

Tessa wanted to pump energy into the cavity between the ground and ionosphere.

The ground and ionosphere are good conductors or electricity at certain frequencies. EM waves will reflect off of them.

At certain frequencies the cavity between ground and the ionosphere can resonate.

Tessa wanted to pump this cavity full of energy. It could be available anywhere.

You have to think of a microwave. You have a chamber where energy is pumped into. It's not more intense near the aperture near the clotting it has nodes and nulls depending on the modes that are stimulated.

The earth cavity is much larger and would require lower frequencies.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.