[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the vacuum has energy, spacetime being infinite means there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 18a5kzrhxhqwvjpg.jpg (420 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
18a5kzrhxhqwvjpg.jpg
420 KB, 1280x720
If the vacuum has energy, spacetime being infinite means there is infinite energy in the universe. Does this mean the universe ends somewhere?
>>
There's a finite amount of vacuum, I have no idea what I'm talking about btw just guessing
>>
>>7969244
The universe doesn't end until all energy ends which means that it is inherently infinite. Matter being a product of phasic energy means that upon interaction with "absolute zero" (the closest thing to "end of the universe") would either cause matter to reformulated itself or otherwise immediately and effortlessly reconfigure "absolute zero."
>>
>>7969244
You can't really define energy properly in general relativity,
>>
>>7969244
I was doing my laundry the other day.
kind of zoning out watching the laundry tumbling.

and I thought, nievely, that it might be possible the "border of the universe is like the event horizon of a black hole.

Like what if our universe is spinning and the centrifical force is what is flinging our particles further apart.
and the edge of the universe is a band of energy moving at a just under terminal for the universe.

i don't know. I don't have a science degree, I have a philosophy degree.
>>
File: cx8Lgmb.jpg (42 KB, 640x526) Image search: [Google]
cx8Lgmb.jpg
42 KB, 640x526
>>7969291
>Like what if our universe is spinning and the centrifical force is what is flinging our particles further apart.
That's not how the expansion of space works, stoner.
>>
>>7969244
Net energy of vacuum is zero.
>>
>>7969318
>I have a philosophy degree
>stoner
Hey now, Feynman was a stoner, THAT guy is much worse: a philosopher.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.