[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metaquestion about shitposts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1442671500419.gif (773 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
1442671500419.gif
773 KB, 260x221
Just a quick board-culture related question, as I am new here.

Whats the most advisable course of action to take when you encounter one of the low-effort shitposts that litter this board?

More specifically the ones that are like:

>"only brainlets have to read textbooks"
>"anyone who doesnt study at All Souls College oxford is a failure, I know because I'm the best in the whole student body there"
>"when I was a kid I was put 10 years ahead because I was so smart, even though I didnt try"
>"if you havent studied exactly the same topics and subtopics as me you are human scum"
etc etc.

I probably see these posts on 4/5 threads here, and its kinda jarring. My home board, lit, doesnt have anything close to this level of persistent shitposting.

What am I supposed to do when I see these?
>>
hide the thread every time

report it if you feel like it

make better threads
>>
>>7968760
>What am I supposed to do when I see these?
Not be a whiny bitch, ignore it, and move on with your day.

Perhaps feel a small granule of sympathy for the sad souls who, after nearly two decades of praise from teachers and peers, find themselves in an odd predicament searching for validation on a Korean octopus wrangling forum; their hearts broken and their lives shallow.
>>
>>7968760
>people are being elitist on 4chan!!! WAHH!!
Just fuck off retard. What exactly do you even want to hear? Go back to facebook or whatever normie website that actually gives a shit about your whining. And your supposed home board, which you don't even know the proper name of, is filled with low quality posts. Every board here is that has a turnover rate faster than 10 days
>>
>>7968760
It's shitposting. What do you expect ? You're on 4chan ,not Solvay conference.
It's no different from any other board. Move on and don't give a fuck
>>
>>7968760
Report and hide thread.
>>
>tfw subtle troll thread
>>
>>7968760
>My home board, lit, doesnt have anything close to this level of persistent shitposting.
/lit/ is so much worse than /sci/.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.