[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
What are the chances that if you were to die in space while moving, would your bones hit a planet with life capable of copying dna?
>>
>>7968201

What do you mean bones? I don't think the body would decompose in space =/
>>
very low
>>
Zero as you would burn up on re-entry to any planet with an atmosphere. Hard to imagine a life capable planet without an atmosphere. I could be wrong. Come at me, bro.
>>
>>7968206
bones as a body, just something that they can use to scan dna
>>7968209
but it would be possible? or would you hit a sun sooner than landing to some planet
>>
>>7968206

did you die in a space suit
>>
>>7968216
there could still be bones
>>
>>7968218
>very low chance
>BUT IS IT POSSIBLE
>>
>>7968239
sorry no good engling
>>
>>7968201
0<p(x)<1
wewwewowowo
>>
>>7968216
You'd be probably right ,but if we started going in semantics life is a pretty broad notion.
The main quirks to atmosphere is that they give stability to the environment. At this moment we only know organism that lives in a stable environment (kinda ,you guys know what i mean) but it don't think it should exclude the possibility of an unstable organism
>>
To put this, and anything, into perspective, we must test the theory of the universe being infinite. This doesn't mean there is unlimited everything, just unlimited time and space. Matter and energy are still limitted, however, as time is infinite, so are the possibilities for matter and energy changing, considering that space is limitted but not necessarily location, as you are moving in a ray, not outwards as a sphere.

So, take the odds of running into a planet with intelligent life that can clone you with your DNA. It can be one over any number. Put infinity on the top. Ininity in a fraction is just the number one. So guarenteed.

However, it is not guarenteed. There are higher odds of running into a star, hell, even a black hole, before running into a planet with anything on it at all.

So the ininite universe theory is incorrect.

However, let's look at what life is.
Have you ever played the game Soma? They run with the idea that the soul or Thetan or whatever you wish to call it, is just a point if view lost in time that is only alive when it reads memory. And that is pretty much true. This means it resides on your conscious; you're being as thought processes and memories, and that's it. So what are the odds of you conscience being recreated on accident or on purpose? The number that would go on top would be infinity over a number that we are unable to comprehend. Suffice to say, guarenteed. The afterlife isn't some life outside of our body or rejoining a collective conscience; it's awakening, almost like reincarnation, into your next memory, of your conscience being recreated and thinking your life is continuing.
>>
>>7969029
Excuse the typos, I have a stubborn autocorrect function on my computer that has the balls to turn correct words into words I commonly mispell.
>>
>>7968201
Id say its possible, but very very extremely unlikely
>>
Do you even rot in space?
>>
>>7969646
Your body decompose itself, like a mummy, though.

Does the electromagnetic radiation affects the process.
>>
>>7968649
Nice
>>
>>7968239
then its settled, we should randomly fling all out dead bodies out into space
>>
You guys are forgetting about the increasing expansion of the universe. For any substantial amount of time it would require for a floating body to reach another star system let alone a planet let alone an inhabited one! Well space would have expanded far enough for anything to ever be reachable as it exits our partical horizon.
>>
What are the chances that if you flung my body into space it would attract dust and eventually become a planet of its own
>>
>>7971486
Well if we threw you into a nebula you could become a star!
>>
>>7968201
> hit a planet with life capable of copying dna
What do you mean? That planet has to have aliums on at least our level of thechnology?

I don't think there could be alien non intelligent life forms that could copy DNA for alien life forms most probably would be built on a code different from DNA.

If you'd put your space-fridge-preserved body on a planet capable of sustaining life:
1) Higher level - some bacteria from your guts or a virus survives and multiplies.
2) Lower level - you become a primordial soup; aminoacids, proteins, enzymes start to replicate and evolve.
>>
>>7971462
If u was a girl I wud love u.
>>
>>7971594
>space-fridge-preserved

Space isn't a fridge. You would be warm long enough for your body to decay.

Space has no medium to release heat energy except for radiation.

>>7968201
As for OP's question, if the body ever collided with a planet with an atmosphere, the body would be burned away completely.
>>
>>7971462
Unless you give them enough speed, the thing they will most likely hit is earth. Or whatever they were orbiting in the first place.
>>
>>7971668
This, sort of.

If you were travelling in a space ship, chances are you were in orbit around something. Unless you died while performing a crazy brachistochrone maneuver, you'd probably just stay in orbit of the body you were already orbiting.

Even so, you'd still in orbit of the sun.
>>
>>7971661
Space would act as a fridge. Heat would be radiated unless close to a sun. No liquid water after couple of hours.
>>
>>7971680
>heat would be radiated unless close to the sun

Reread what you are replying to and you'll see that I mentioned the heat would be radiated.

It takes time for the heat to radiate away, so the body isn't being cooled right away.
>>
>>7971698
So how long will it take do you think?

And actually if we are talking about a body without a sealed spacesuit, then most of the water evaporates dissipating heat very quickly.
>>
>>7968201
Burn up entering planet at high speed, next.
>>
>>7971785
Fuuuuu I want to meet someone called Elvira Bush.
>>
>>7971680
>fridge
kill yourself trailer trash
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.