[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For Maths and other related topics like Physics, is it healthier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (3 KB, 92x81) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 KB, 92x81
For Maths and other related topics like Physics, is it healthier to ponder about a question for an extended time that you are stuck at and figuring ways that cannot work, or just moving on and doing other shit in the problem set. Because i'm starting to find myself just taking shit i don't know lightly and starting to develop the habit of wanting to be spoonfed whenever i have some difficulty with something. Would like to hear your imputs so that we could also help others here who are also having this dilemma in their respective STEM courses.
>>
Ask your professor, faggot.

You weren't born knowing everything.
>>
>>7967441
You're framing your question in a weird way. Your real questions "God, this is hard, do I really have to do it?". The answer is obviously yes. If you want to git gud, you need to work hard.
>>
>>7967441
In my opinion it's better to stay on a problem you can do until you do it (since you'll obviously learn something on that problem) rather than moving on to something you already know.
>>
>>7967441
Move on and doing another problem or letting your subconscious ponder it might trigger a breakthrough
>>
>>7967441
Read your books nigger. > disdainfuldoge.jpg

Do proofs and derivations and understand them, if it akes forever. You also start to appreciate the amazing connections in mathematics if you look into what you're doing, and personally I love that. Like when I found out that a series of rational fractions can be used to evaluate pi. How cool is that right??

"If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life"
>>
>>7967441
Its good to be stuck on a problem for a while because you"ll think about it alot and if you can't solve it yet its better to move on to the next one. Your brain will be still somewhat working on the problem in the back of your head and you might figure out the solution in your dreams or some shit
>>
I ever try some approaches before solve the question. I dont stop and stay thinking about the problem, I just start at the any way.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.