[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stop drinking coffee on Saturday >sleep for 7 hours on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: 1459223002511.jpg (427 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
1459223002511.jpg
427 KB, 1920x802
>stop drinking coffee on Saturday
>sleep for 7 hours on Sunday night
>slept for 11.5 hours last night

How can people say coffee is healthy when it affects sleep? It just seems like a big lie.
>>
>>7965108
Sleep 11.5 is extremely bad for your health so apparently coffee is quite healthy.
>>
If you drink it in the morning it doesn't effect that nights sleep
>>
>>7965108
Only /pol/ affects my sleep. Damn red pills.
>>
Coffee is NOT good for you. It triggers caffeine addiction and gives you energy that you can't use, which results in you sweating and rolling in your bed for hours with no sleep.
>>
Is this copypasta?
>>
>>7965108
I don't think people are saying it's necessarily healthy, just not very unhealthy or toxic at best.

I stopped drinking a few months ago two, but drink some from time to time when I don't get enough sleep. Fwiw, my sleep schedule is super fucked up. This month in some "nights" I went to bed even at 7AM, very often at about 5am. I can't break the cycle: sleep late, wake up early late, can't sleep early, sleep late again etc.
>>
>>7965158
I don't know why caffiene affects you normalfags so much.

I can be off it for weeks, drink 4-8 in day and still maintain my sleeping schedule.

I sleep precisely 22:00PM-5:20AM, deep, dreamless sleep and haven't used an alarm to wake up for the last 3 months. When I drink coffee in the afternoon it makes no difference.
>>
>>7965113

yeah but I was tired because of the coffee ruining previous sleep
>>
>being sensitive to anything you eat or drink
if you were less hydrated you wouldn't even be able to break down the worst shit in the first place
drink less water, drink as much coffee as you want
if you ever get thirsty it's time for beer
>>
>>7965162
kek
>>
>>7965124

get help
>>
>>7965108
I stopped drinking coffee and needed a heart transplant 2 months later.

Coffee have extreme protective effects of all organ systems and is what made the progress of the last hundred years possible at all. It's also like NZT from limitless except the effect increases and decreases much slower which is why the studies in coffee haven't noticed it properly. You don't notice how much smarter you get when you start it and it takes time before you notice your loss when you stop. In two weeks time you'll feel a mindfog and want to blame the coffee for permanently damaging your brain but it's actually just you returning to your brainlet state that was status quo before you got into coffee.

Some people get stuck at the bottom of the hill when they stop coffee though. I wouldn't risk it.
>>
>>7965160
>because of the coffee ruining previous sleep

>Drink coffee 8PM
>Complain about lack of sleep

I had problems sleeping , so I stopped drinking it later than 5PM.
And my sleep improved a bit.

So I looked it up and the half life of caffeine and it's pretty long so drinking in the afternoon will carry a quite significant portion of that into the night,

So I switched to only drinking coffee in the morning, half a liter of nice black coffee and then nothing during the rest of the day.

And my sleep pattern improved enormously. If I go to bed at regular time I have no problems at all anymore. In the past I occasionally couldn't fall asleep for 3-4 hours.
>>
>>7965173
>you'll experience mindfog

that's because you've become dependant you autist and require caffeine to reach for what others is baseline

that 'mindfog' would go within a week, it's just withdrawal effects. if you drink normal amounts solely when you feel you need it (1-2 a week and such) you'd never see these symptoms, and no tolerance develop.

>I wouldn't risk it
this is retarded advice, stopping excessive coffee consumption would massively improve your health, especially regarding your cardiac system
>>
>>7965158

Stay awake until the next day 6 pm. fixed it for me. Now I wake up at 5 am and go to sleep at 9 pm
>>
>>7965108
or you know, stop being a pussy
>>
>>7965108
Fuck coffee, consume modafinil.
>>
>>7965332
this poster is my homeboy
>>
>>7965148
>Coffee is NOT good for you

Yes it is, its rated as the second most healthy drink there is, (second only to water, and tying with tea).

They even recommend you drink 4 cups of coffee a day for optimum health.
>>
>>7965159
>what is tolerance buildup
>>
>>7965438
well?
>>
File: 469898.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
469898.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>7965436
Instant coffee OK, or gotta be classic hot coffee?
>>
>>7965436
>They even recommend you drink 4 cups of coffee a day for optimum health
Got any sources for that? I remember hearing the opposite, that coffee increases cortisol levels and you shouldn't drink much.
>>
>>7965473
>coffee increases cortisol levels
shill go away
I drink like 8 - 11 cups a day
>>
for me caffeine stops working after about 2 weeks. I gain a tolerance quickly. I don't get how people drink coffee every day unless they're addicted staving off symptoms. There is nothing healthy about caffeine. People only say that because it keeps them awake when they need to be
>>
>>7965474
>I drink like 8 - 11 cups a day
And this proves me wrong how?
>>
>>7965332
great stuff but also stops working after 1 month of regular usage.
>>
>>7965479
N=1 therefore P=1 duh.
learn to statistics NP=1 gozweilers law retard
>>
>>7965108
>taking caffeine
>not taking methylphenidate or amphetamines
Kek, have fun chugging that artificial cognitive enhancer while I take the real dope that actually helps the brain chemistry that is needed.
>>
>>7965463
>>7965473

They talked specifically about black coffee, any type.

Adding sugar obviously decreases its ranking, and adding milk will also lower it towards milks ranking.

source of a list:
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-drinks-full-story/

only source I can think of right now for 4 cups per day is 'How not to die' by that doctor guy. But I remember reading a paper that the benefits peak at 4-6 cups.
>>
Caffeine is quite beneficial, it doesn't just stimulate the brain but most of the internal organs, it speeds digestion and stimulates peristalsis, increases the function of the kidneys, speeds muscle fiber reaction.

It also raises blood pressure however, which is fine if you're healthy, but it exacerbates hypertension.

It's also very prone to overuse, and addiction. At least withdrawal is fairly mild, even tolerance of massive quantities results in a few days of disturbed sleep and headaches on withdrawal.

Moderation is key.
>>
>>7965512
I swallow instant coffee dry, is that the same for practical purposes?
>>
>>7965525
yes
>>
>>7965481
still hasn't for me:^)
>>
>>7965113
why?
>>
>>7965438
As I said I can be off it for weeks without effect.
>>
Try decaffeinated coffee to get the benefits with out the stimulation.
>>
>>7965960
>Try decaffeinated coffee
Only if you want cancer.
>>
I currently drink brewed coffee with milk and sugar. I plan on starting to drink only plain black coffee from now on, as it is much more beneficial, but any suggestions or recommendations to go along with cutting the milk and sugar?
>>
File: 1458365647380.jpg (32 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1458365647380.jpg
32 KB, 500x750
>>7965173
>coffee is like NZT
>coffee is the reason for all the advances in the last few hundred years
>>
>>7965960
>non-coffee coffee
Why would you do that?
>>
sometimes when i can't sleep i drink one cup of coffee and then i fall asleep easy. why?
>>
>>7965108
>Why doesn't everyone understand and accept my anecdotal evidence over only 2 days?
>>
>>7965148
>gives you energy
>implying energy can be created
>>
>>7965960
The process by which they decaffeinate it affects the taste (I think negatively).
>>
You entered withdrawal from a drug that is literally more addictive than crack cocaine and you're complaining about sleep?
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.