[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So a few hours ago I just rolled my ankle during the jogging
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: ankle-fractures-page.jpg (35 KB, 667x375) Image search: [Google]
ankle-fractures-page.jpg
35 KB, 667x375
So a few hours ago I just rolled my ankle during the jogging warmup before Muay Thai class. I've rolled and sprain my ankle plenty of times before, but this time I heard a crack when I did it. It's real swollen, but I'm still able to walk and stand on it without much pain. In fact, it was one of the least painful times I rolled my ankle, but the crack has me worried. I won't be able to see a doctor for a few days, so I figured I'd ask for medbros opinions and advice on taking care of it before I see the doctor (might be a week because my insurance coverage was incorrectly dropped and in process of sorting it out)
>>
grow a pair you little bitch
>>
>>7964511
Its not a fracture. If you rolled BJJ and competed you'd know a fracture when you heard it, it's loud. If you felt a pop, it's a ligament/tendon just being separated from where it was anchored.

You sprained your ankle, more than likely your LM. It's okay, you just popped (a portion) of the ligament loose because you hyper-extended it rolling it on a mat.

Just go easy on it, don't flex it, it should be """okay"""" in a week and you can gently kick your acquaintances in the head like you'd usually do.
>>
>>7964522
It wasn't a pop, it was a distinct cracking sound. And I've put on extra weight since I last trained seriously, has me worried
>>
>>7964529
Okay.

Is the area on your ankle seriously bruised? Is it like a massive patch of blue-purple-red? Yellow-swollen? Is it absolutely impossible to even hobble on that one foot?

If you answered 'no' then it's not broken. It's sprained. Maybe really badly sprained, but you literally have to be an unfit chain-smoking 87 year old lady to break a bone jogging on a mat. It's more likely just 'strained' you stretched it a bit more than it wanted to.

If you are some Muay-Thai kick-boxing guy, working on a mat, even with some extra weight, you are not going to fracture a bone. You're going to sprain things at the worse.

It's okay, anon.
>>
File: 20160329_005525.jpg (848 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160329_005525.jpg
848 KB, 2560x1536
Here are some low quality pics, and it is starting to hurt just to move my foot with no weight. Walking is extremely painful now and I'm basically hobbling
>>
File: 20160329_005458.jpg (995 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160329_005458.jpg
995 KB, 2560x1536
>>7964635
>>
I have a related problem. I just came back from a 4 day backpacking trip in which i completed almost 60 mi. Towards the end while walking down a switchback, my left knee started hurting like a bitch. Intense sharp pain out of fucking nowhere. The pain went away once i got back into relatively flat part of the trail. Right now it still hurts and i cant put much weight on it so im limping everywhere. Wtf is it
Should ibgo to the doctor
Pain comes and goes btw
>>
Just see a fucking doctor you two.
>>
>>7965306
Waiting for insurance to be reinstated
>>
OP, the crack was probably just gapping a joint. Most likely, you have strained or sprained a ligament. If you had torn or avulsed (pulled off the bone) a tendon or ligament you would probably have had more initial pain. Now, it is swelling. You need RICE = rest, ice, compression, elevation. Read more here, ignore Gabe Mirkin recanting it, that's for muscle injuries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RICE_(medicine)

Then, as soon as possible, get to a doc for a diagnosis.
>>
do you like muay thai?

after i graduate im gonna take muay thai or boxing

convince me to take muay thai
>>
File: Ottawa-Ankle-Rule-1[1].png (99 KB, 865x540) Image search: [Google]
Ottawa-Ankle-Rule-1[1].png
99 KB, 865x540
If you can bear weight its probably ok.

If you can only hobble around with a shitload of pain its probably not ok.

Is it painful when you press anywhere in these areas?

Either way you go to an urgent care and youre able to bear weight more likely than not you still get an xray, the doc will tell you get an ace wrap and take it easy for a while. There just saved you like $400.

>medfag
>>
>>7966070
Muay Thai teaches you how to strike with your fists, elbows, knees, and shins. Boxing only teaches you striking with your fist. A Muay Thai fighter will beat a boxer with comparable experience quite easily, but boxing does have some advantages over Muay Thai too
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.