[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
let's take for example that this theoretical 2d space is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: shit.png (12 KB, 835x547) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
12 KB, 835x547
let's take for example that this theoretical 2d space is perfectly aligned for the sake of argument. directions of orbit and speeds are drawn (poorly). is there any point of the blue sphere's orbit where it is moving slower than the body it is orbiting relative to the larger body's own orbital speed? ie, is the figure in black ever roughly true? pretend all orbital speeds are static.
>>
>>7962018
i'm retarded, is there anywhere i can learn more?
>>
>>7962005
....is 108,000 km/h ever less than (792,000 km/h - 108,000 km/h)?

umm
yeah?
>>
>>7962037
that's not what i'm asking. is the speed of the blue object equal to 200 km/s - 108 km/h at that spot in its orbit relative to the orange object's velocity? ie. at that point in its orbit is it going slower relative to the larger body's own orbit around the anus?
>>
can someone please point me to where i would need to look to start proving or this? i'm not asking you to do any calculation for me.
>>
File: 1455893099558.png (473 KB, 681x456) Image search: [Google]
1455893099558.png
473 KB, 681x456
>>
>>7962005

Couldn't you just use the same goddamn units
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.