[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a high school student who's aspiring to be a physicist.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: RTR.jpg (7 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
RTR.jpg
7 KB, 184x274
I'm a high school student who's aspiring to be a physicist. And of course to do that Ii have to have a solid foundation of mathematics and basic science. How good is pic related at providing a foundation. It really seems complicated and for experienced persons but If it truly is fundamental to my education I will study it.

Also good sources of information thread.
>>
>>7959727
That book tries to cover way too much information for one book. Not worth it.
>>
>>7959727
why don't you get an intro physics text like Halliday/Resnick

and then Taylor's Classical mechanics
both can be downloaded for free at libgen.io

there are many other texts and topics, of course, but the two above will be a good place for you to begin
>>
>>7959727
>a solid foundation

will require hundreds/thousands of books
there's no "here's your foundation" book
just read it - if reading one book is a big enough event to warrant any serious consternation or debate then you'll never make it
>>
How about you fuck off until you're not underage.
>>
File: Dab.jpg (49 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
Dab.jpg
49 KB, 350x400
>>7959764
18 here
>>
>>7959773
You're still a retard. Go to /adv/ for help.
>>
http://www.feynmanlectures.info/exercises.html
>>
File: 1435661256152.jpg (423 KB, 2048x1214) Image search: [Google]
1435661256152.jpg
423 KB, 2048x1214
>>7959727
it is shit an complicated

this is the best book to introduce physics.
in passing, I promote the FREE books of
http://www.motionmountain.net/
which explain physics from A to Z

please read equally on history of science and philosophy of science
>>
That's just a book you read for fun. Go work through some textbooks.
>>
>>7959727
Absolute shit. Buy Principles of Quantum Mechanics by Shankar off Amazon for starters.
>>
>>7959727
just go with Feynman
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.