[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what am I supposed to put on my resume as a computer science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1458755866918.jpg (124 KB, 726x1040) Image search: [Google]
1458755866918.jpg
124 KB, 726x1040
so what am I supposed to put on my resume as a computer science graduate if I never had a computer job or an internship. Every example resume I find makes me feel like a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>7958615
put that you shitpost on /sci/
>>
>>7958638
Do the exact opposite and stop using the computer for anything fun.

Spend the rest of your time building a portfolio of stuff.
>>
>>7958615
Applied cuck studies
>>
>>7958615
I'm sure that there is a section where you just list your applied skills.

Simply list all the languages you know, IDEs you are used to, if you know how to unix, etc.
>>
Make a portfolio of programming projects you worked on
>>
learn a meme language like haskell
>>
>>7958687
What am I implying when i say 'i know unix' on a resume?
>>
>>7959191
What do you mean what? That you know how to use the operating system.

It is not uncommon for them to want you to work in a unix environment and many job postings for software developments list that as a plus, and a few even put it as a necessary requirement.

You are CS right? Please tell me you use linux. I mean, I don't but that is because I am pure math.
>>
>>7959200
I'm in physics actually but I dual boot ubuntu so I was curious, I used to be able to do some command line magic in hs but I rarely use linux anymore
>>
>>7958615
its not about what your major is, its about what can you do. can you actually make and fix things?
>>
>>7959210
Check out
http://stackoverflow.com/jobs/111250/java-developer-global-payment-service-rakuten

'Basic experience and knowledge of Unix' is listed a minimum qualification.

Without that a lot of the better software jobs will simply throw your resume into the thrash.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.