[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /sci/'s opinion on autism? Also diagnosed autist,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: pepeautismarea.png (308 KB, 492x419) Image search: [Google]
pepeautismarea.png
308 KB, 492x419
What's /sci/'s opinion on autism?

Also diagnosed autist, ask me anything if you want, but i'm more interested in what /sci/ thinks of autism in general.

>inb4 mean ignorant comments
>>
>>7958052

So you like study math and physics?
>>
What's your scientific opinion on autisn
>>
File: 001c8f18_medium-1.jpg (16 KB, 257x300) Image search: [Google]
001c8f18_medium-1.jpg
16 KB, 257x300
>>7958055
E=mc^2
Remember it being referred to as 'intense world syndrome'
>>
File: sesame-street-autism.jpg (49 KB, 770x498) Image search: [Google]
sesame-street-autism.jpg
49 KB, 770x498
>>7958052
I have aspergers. I got diagnosed when I was 12 but my mom didn't tell me until in my mid 20s... It certainly would have made all the social problems I had when I was growing up make more sense.

I basically treated normies as a problem to crack. Each time I fucked up I'd write down where I went wrong and try to figure out which social cues I had missed. It wasn't easy but after 10 years I'm pretty good at faking it now, which is good because an engineer with no social skills are gonna be working in a cubicle and driving a civic for the rest of their career.
>>
>>7958052
What do you do to deal with social stuff?

Do you have some type of socials skills or you are a supreme beta?
>>
>>7958399
do you have a gf?
>>
>>7958434
yep, she's pretty understanding though and will help me through social situations if I'm floundering.
>>
>>7958449
>aspergers
>gf
pick one
>>
>>7958466
My aspie cousin has a gf. He attacked his mum and broke down a door because she didn't let him use the computer which was his only means of communicating with his gf at the time because she was on holiday or something.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (15 KB, 250x235) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
15 KB, 250x235
I was diagnosed with the assburgers as a child, spent most of my adolescence just not understanding how to interact with people. I finally got my spaghetti together in high school, and now I'm just considered weird.
I still don't pick up on a lot of social cues (never been able to tell when someone's flirting with me) and a lot of everyday shit just doesn't occur to me unless someone else points it out. I'm super high functioning, luckily, so my social ineptitude is balanced out by good pattern-recognition skills and the kind of analytical intelligence that makes people wonder how I do it.

I even have gf, though only because SHE hit on ME (I never would have made a move on my own due to aforementioned social stupidity)
>>
>>7958589
Exact same situation happened with my girlfriend and I, actually.
>>
>>7958052
Autist with ADH"D" here.
It's bretty gud, I can talk to normies at a higher extent then most other Autists, yet have a good memory and logical thinking skills.

(except when I'm off my meds then I'm an absolute madman on crack)
>>
>>7958052
what are your thoughts on the prevalence of autistic tendancies on this board and 4chan at large?
>>
What effect does alcohol have on your autism? Other drugs you've tried eg weed, acid?
>>
>>7958751
I sperg out when I am drunk. I get really close to people while I'm talking to them and rock back and forth a lot. I avoid public drinking because of this.

The only time I did pot was when I was already black out drunk so I don't remember what effect it had.
>>
>>7958486
I am not that autistic AND I've been told I look attractive so why the fuck don't I have a gf?
>>
>>7958589
This is bullshit man, i don't even fit in with other autists because they all somehow have gfs. Thanks for ruining my day.
>>
>>7958795
>I get really close to people while I'm talking to them and rock back and forth a lot.
Lel, that's what you're suppose to do when you're drunk.
As long as you're both drunk, it's perfectly legal.
>>
>>7958812
Yeah, people lie though, or stretch the truth, including autistics. So don't take it heart.
>>
>>7958809
>why the fuck don't I have a gf?
Because you ask this question.
>>
>>7958809
He's not attractive at all so it's probably your personality. Honestly, I find his personality quite grating so I don't know how he does it. Tons of dumb, annoying, ugly people have partners though so it should be possible for you too.
>>
I love this post all of it... For the social awkward you don't care what anybody else thinks so why do you care so much about what anybody else thinks?
>>
>>7959238
>For the social awkward you don't care what anybody else thinks
This isn't actually true.

>so why do you care so much about what anybody else thinks?
Being open to other ideas is a good thing even if you don't care about the people that have them.

Different autist than op btw.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.