[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does this toilet work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: toilet.png (54 KB, 973x727) Image search: [Google]
toilet.png
54 KB, 973x727
how does this toilet work?
>>
>>7957712
Da fuck you mean by that OP?
>>
>>7957721
i get that the chain opens the flap to let the water out, but what does the hammer thing do? i think that pipe is the overflow but it looks like the hammer blocks it when the tank is full. don't get why
>>
>>7957727
Perhaps it helps create a vacuum?
>>
>>7957753
i once put my dick in a vacuum
>>
>>7957727
It looks like it covers the overflow tube so that the toilet doesn't flush continuously.
>>
>>7957712
I'm pretty sure most toilets work this way
this picture is after you have flushed the toilet, all of the water in the tank has gone into the bowl.
when it fills back up the circle thing is like a balloon and it rises, and the "hammer" closes that valve. As far as what that valve does, well I don't know off of the top of my head.
You could literally go to your toilet right now and pull the lid off and look at what happens. I would encourage you to do that.
>>
>>7957727
That opens when flushed allowing water above that level in the reservoir bypass helping turds go through the lower portion, ahead of the main body of water
>>
>>7957727
Well i will break it down for you. When the water rises, the balloon (float) will rise causing the hammer to block 35 which is where the water comes out so no water can come through. The pressure is not that great
>>
>>7957804
Air instead of water with hammer. Sorry got ahead of myself
>>
>>7957779
the pipe (30) is the water supply line so water comes through filling the tank until the balloon rises and cuts the water off. Your toilet will probably have the balloon, but this valve will probably be different (yet work on the same principle as pictured) Not pictured is the overflow drain pipe which will always drain the water away above a certain point even if this valve malfunctions - like when you hear your toilet always running a little.

me? I'm just a middleagefag who is kind of sciencey and has been fixing his own plumbing for 15 years
>>
>>7957804
... and the pressure WOULD be problematic but there is a mechanism in the pipe to always slow the flow
>>
>>7957810
>>7957804
thanks anons. so consensus is that 35 is an inlet for water to come in rather than an overflow? that would makes sense. gets blocked when the water is high enough.
>>
Anyone else know how it works just by looking at it?
>>
>>7957905
yes, the diagram seems to be a just to illustrate how the basics work... real toilet will have overflow tube
>>
>>7957712
you press the button that nigger hammer hits that thing and it opens the valve to drop the water or some shit. What I'm trying to say is.. magnets
>>
>>7957712
Made by an engineer, so the hammer hits a dildo catapult which propel itself into the toilet user's anus then comes out, extracting the faeces with it

Also works with the urethra for number 1's
>>
Have you guys seriously never looked inside a toilet tank before?
>>
>>7957712
You shit in it.
>>
>>7958066
You shit into the cistern of your toilet?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.