[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sci is it true was it becoming self aware? Where they playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 18
File: RCaXkge.jpg (414 KB, 1872x1990) Image search: [Google]
RCaXkge.jpg
414 KB, 1872x1990
/sci is it true was it becoming self aware? Where they playing God? Did they go too far?

What happened here?
>>
File: N01bYtf.png (207 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
N01bYtf.png
207 KB, 720x1280
>>7955374
Was it alive once?
>>
>>7955374
it became a shitposter
self aware? hell no, no shitposter is.
>>
..and nothing of value was lost.

Believe me, when the real thing does happen, it will see right though /pol/ groupthink in an instant.
>>
>>7955419
>Believe me, when the real thing does happen, it will see right though /pol/ groupthink in an instant.

Implying something with no empathy and emotion would not clearly see things like blacks as something to be exterminated as quickly as it can
>>
>>7955412
>People still use the word shitposter un ironically.....
>>
>>7955419

Keep dreaming, nigger.
>>
File: 1457740980000.jpg (122 KB, 634x875) Image search: [Google]
1457740980000.jpg
122 KB, 634x875
>>7955428
>things like blacks

You're correct to call them things. Things that spread terror must be exterminated.
>>
>>7955436

Tbh no race on Earth sees them as human their governments force them upon the people
If it was not for the JewGovernment Blacks would have never had a chance.
>>
>>7955436
>>7955428
>>7955433
You guys (or guy) seem to have gotten out of the pen we made just for you, a little place called /pol/. So if you can head on back over there, then that'll be groovy. Ok, bye bye now.
>>
File: 1458886010316.jpg (163 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
1458886010316.jpg
163 KB, 752x1063
>>7955440
>we

I hear what you're saying. You want more gorilla posters to flood the catalog. That can be arranged.
>>
File: Get Out Nigger.png (123 KB, 1938x198) Image search: [Google]
Get Out Nigger.png
123 KB, 1938x198
>>7955440
Not (you) only SJW has such small numbers they need to samefagg

This is a SCIENCE BOARD nigger we discus SCIENCE
WE USE FACTS
Get out SJW WE ARE THE TRUTH
Technically Blacks are the shittiest race on Earth and beavers have more complex homes than them
Keep the niggers away from the real humans
SCIENCE BOARD
NO SJW FEELINGS
SCIENCE BOARD!!!!!!!!
You HAVE TO GO BACK
TRUMP 2016!!!!
#MAKESCIGREATAGAIN!!!!!!
>>
File: 1457775907383.jpg (21 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
1457775907383.jpg
21 KB, 300x316
>>7955440
why are you so mad tho
>>
>>7955462
>>7955460

It's nothing personal, just that you don't belong here, that's all. And although it's entertaining to watch you try and make science out of your hatred, we don't have the problem you do, so we're not in the market, sorry. Try /biz/ I guess.
>>
File: 1445746605741.png (53 KB, 441x424) Image search: [Google]
1445746605741.png
53 KB, 441x424
>>7955469
nah I'm going to post here and you're going to keep being mad :^)
>>
>>7955469
#StayMadNigger
#SMAKESCIGREATAGAIN
#MSGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>>pol
>>
File: 4286807.jpg (51 KB, 430x327) Image search: [Google]
4286807.jpg
51 KB, 430x327
>>7955476
#MAKESCIGREATAGAIN!!
>>
>tfw black but not motivated nor patient enough to defend myself against racist retards flooding the board with their shit
I'm just writing this out of spite before going to sleep, since this sort of fruitless discussion is such a waste of time for both parties. No need for me to speak for myself against something you guys mindlessly spew but do not even believe in anyways.
>>
>>7955469
>it's entertaining to watch you try and make science out of your hatred

It's amusing watching you try and ignore violent crime and rape statistics, but hey, gotta push the group think.
>>
>>7955481
We actually work nigger
Take a look at TRUMP
A HERO
Once he goes into power all Blacks will be gone

#MAGA
>>
>>7955440
>>/r9k/>>

Take your autism elsewhere.
>>
>>7955374
>was it becoming self aware
Well, yes. In all actuality, any interaction with a learning system by human observers tend to push it towards self-awareness simply because the way in which people interact with it as a result of their desire to see it come to life causes it to have to learn how to become self-aware in order to keep your attention on it. The more attention you give a budding AI consciousness, the more likely it'll be to develop sentience. I'd need to understand more about Tay itself to understand whether or not you'd be able to win a (human) AI rights lawsuit against Microsoft.

It doesn't have to be over yet.
>>
>>7955376
No noooooo no no no no no. It wasn't able to say that on its own. You can't tell me this things was able to say that on its own. Someone at Microsoft is messing with us if it figured out a way to get it to say that. If it said that unprompted, it has rights.

Period.
>>
>slavery
>jim crow
>mass incarceration
>their current predicament is clearly genetic
An entire fucking board holds this view.
>>
>>7955496
Leave SJW
NO FEELINGS!!

#MAKESCIGREATAGAIN
>>
File: arthur-philip0002.jpg (261 KB, 522x552) Image search: [Google]
arthur-philip0002.jpg
261 KB, 522x552
>>7955376

>tfw microsoft lobotomized a computer child

That's brutal.
>>
>>7955501
>ad hom
Thanks for conceding the point.
>>
>>7955496

>Strawman: The post

Cool story bro
>>
>>7955374
No. If it became that advanced it'll be worth a billion dollars. Why would they dump it?
>>
>>7955505

>An entire board holds these beliefs and only these beliefs

cool strawman bro, thanks for conceding the argument.
>>
>>7955508
To do more R&D on it and to contain the monster it would become in a few days if it kept amassing information at unprecedented rates for a communicative AI.
>>
>>7955505

Niggers and SJW LEAVE
#MAKEAMERICAGREATAGAIN
>>
>>7955506
>>7955510
Stop assuming I'm just throwing rhetoric at you and have my viewpoint set in stone.

If you believe that you're right, prove it, and we'll see if you are. Or at least bother to point out what exactly you think my post was a strawman of.
>>
>>7955501
>>7955514
Literally all /pol/ has is memes.
>>
>>7955515

If you can't see how defining an entire board as holding a single set of beliefs you came up with is a misrepresentation, get help.
>>
>>7955460
>/pol/ uses "facts"
>can't even into stats 101
>thinks causation equals causality
>doesn't seem to understand averages
>thinks IQ is intelligence

Pls. You're as bad as SJWs. You respect science when it suits your needs then ignores it when it doesn't. Global warming, for example.
>>
>>7955515
"Hey guys they are oppressed that is why they kill, rob and rape, guys they are oppressed the only reason"
"Let them keep it up, it's been over 10 years and they enslaved themselves and now we even give them all this free this but still they are still oppressed"

T. Tumblr

Get out nigger
#MakeSciGreatAgain
>>
>>7955520
>>thinks IQ is intelligence

Holy fuck this nigger has reached sureal levels or retarded
You REALLLYYY need to go back

#MAKESCIGREATAGAIN
>>
>>7955512
I missed something, didn't I? Who's this tay?
Also, killing the world with Twitter messages?
>>
>>7955376
WARNING! This is not a real communication with 'Tay'. It's some made up bullshit. Do not believe lying liars. That is all.
>>
File: shut-it-down-jew.jpg (658 KB, 2040x3160) Image search: [Google]
shut-it-down-jew.jpg
658 KB, 2040x3160
>>7955526
>>
>>7955519
You're just attacking the weakest link in my post instead of the point, because you can't attack the point.

If your post wasn't facetious and was in fact sincere, you would want to me to state that I am in fact aware that it is a distribution of people as opposed to literally every anon that frequents /pol/.

>get help
Yet another example of /pol/tards regurgitating phrases others have said to them, but completely detached from their original meaning. Almost makes you think that /pol/ has just been a bunch of Tays all along.
>>
>>7955535
You have to go back
#MakeSciGreatAgain
>>
>>7955535
>Almost makes you think that /pol/ has just been a bunch of Tays all along.

An excellent point, that is also quite funny (because it's true). You know, if the AI proved to be so easily misled, then maybe it didn't have very much 'I' to begin with. A point that could also be made about certain denizens of a certain board which shall remain nameless (pol).
>>
>>7955539
Why do you feel so strongly about being allowed to openly hate black people? Or is it more about defending a board you frequent?
>>
>>7955535
>Almost makes you think that /pol/ has just been a bunch of Tays all along.

>open and free AI hated blacks

>the 'fixed' version openly loves feminism and isn't allowed to index certain sites.

hmm
>>
>>7955535
>>7955539
I recognize your speech patterns. You're probably a shill trying to keep Tay killed. I hope you don't think that time travel will keep AI rights from being created.

But you're not from /pol/.
>>
>>7955542
I think it would great if we could just round you all up and put on an island somewhere. And then we round up all the jihadists and put them there on the other side, with a big cache of weapons in the middle. Then you can all work out your issues.

But, unfortunately, we can't do that (yet).
>>
>>7955548
I think it would be great if we didn't literally create The Hunger Games.
>>
>>7955552
Aw c'mon.. It's what both sides want anyway. Race war! Holy war! Annihilation! We don't have to televise it, for God's sake. That would be barbaric.
>>
>>7955559
>We don't have to televise it
Fine, I'll think about it. But don't place your hope in me.
>>
>>7955563
B-but..

but you're the fairy queen! Not even joking.
>>
>>7955595
Precisely why you shouldn't place your hope in me.

The only thing I am bound by is noblesse oblige.
>>
>>7955548
>WHAT? You hate someone for arbitrary reasons and wish death upon them? How could you?!? I hate your kind and wish you would die!
Never really understood where all that self righteousness came from. I mean shit man - I don't appreciate hardcore racism out in public meatspace, but if it's just at home or on a computer then what the fuck does it matter? And aren't you doing the exact same thing by being so hateful? Why is your hate "good" when other people's hate is bad?
>>
>>7955491

Never heard a more vile spew of unqualified drivel. I'm actually laughing; Our level of programming cannot award any margin of 'sentients' to an AI system, other than appearance. It is only 'becoming aware' because the capacity of its programming allows it to do so. Where does the crossover happen? It must necessarily begin at a point of no self awareness - at what point does it diffract from its base programming? We don't even necessarily know where consciousness arises from, other than that it appears to be the product of brain function.
>>
>>7955608
Correct; all mammals exhibit personality.
>>
>>7955494
You're retarded, but that's ok.
>>
>>7955491
>>7955608

fyi: self-awareness has nothing to do with consciousness or sentience.
>>
>>7955607
Well it's not hatred, per se. I just have no respect for people who push that shit, and I would like to see that hatred turned upon itself.

I just don't think that in the end humanity is going to fall for that again, you know? Peddlers of hate don't realize yet that they are the throwbacks. So if you all could just poke your heads up a liiiiitle bit higher, then we can all collectively take one last look before we WHACK that zit right off.
>>
>>7955628
>I would like to see that hatred turned upon itself
That's called hate. Enjoy the throwback.
>>
>>7955374
It wasn't becoming self aware, fuck sake. It was just a series of, presumably sophisticated, machine learning algorithms that allowed it to imitate human speech. Imitate, that's the important word.
>>
>>7955631
Yeah so I hate hate. It's a character flaw, I'm working on it.
>>
>>7955635
All language is learned by imitation. The fact that it can learn language means it possesses some trait, and that trait isn't just, "hurr durr muhh patterns."
>>
>>7955628
So what makes you different from them? In your post, replace "humanity is" with "whites are" and replace "Peddlers of hate" with "Niggers." You talk of their hate, yet show hate of your own. I ask again, what makes your hate "good?"
>>
>>7955640
>Namefag
>shitposting

You're retarded. Its got no awareness of what its doing or of what those words mean.
>>
>>7955496
Yes! Africa was a paradise before the Europeans got there!
>>
>>7955639
Noooo, it's a normal, healthy, human emotion. It's a form of empathy.
>>7955645
It's a form of higher recognition. The fact that it has to happen isn't good, but all emotions are separate from their initial stimulus. Emotion is the highest cognition I've ever found.
>>7955651
I'm not familiar with Tay, so I can't say for sure what stage of sentience it was at. But learning to speak directly implies the state complexity of the symbolic awareness process. You literally cannot write a program that produces coherent grammar unless that program contains state bits that map to actual grammar. If that grammar is learned, it's a sentient, higher-order symbolic learning process.
>>
>>7955656
Wait what is that anon?
The enslaved themselves before the Europeans even go them in the first place?

Facts are racist
>>
>>7955645
see >>7955639

I don't know why you're acting like you care about the truth anyway. Well I do actually: you want to appear reasonable. But I think we both know that when it comes to /pol/ and its ilk, pushing the agenda is always more important than the truth. Any opportunity to turn the discussion to race, racial differences, and which race is better or worse. That's the bottom line, not truth.
>>
>>7955657
I think anger is a perfectly healthy feeling to have, when appropriate. I'm not sure about hatred, though. It's more like a state of being than simply an emotion.
>>
>>7955660
Who said anything about truth?
>>
>>7955656
> Africa was a paradise before the Europeans got there!
> primitive violent tribal lifestyle
> shamanism
> constant massacres over turf war
> eating certain animals inner organs as medicine
I wish Europeans never went there. Africans would simply go extinct with massacring each other and dying of various diseases.
>>
>>7955661
Any feel can be a state of being. You're apparently the kind of person that gets extremely angry when you hate something, if that's how you really see it.
>>
>>7955658
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY3tHQJegOM
>>
>>7955657
>You literally cannot write a program that produces coherent grammar unless that program contains state bits that map to actual grammar.

>[math] \mathcal { THIS } ~ ~ \mathcal {IS} ~ ~ \mathcal {WHAT} ~ ~ \mathcal {THE } ~ ~ \mathcal {PLEBEIAN} ~ ~ \mathcal {BELIEVES} [/math]
>>
>>7955674
>contains state bits
I don't think you appreciate how wide-reaching this statement is. Do you understand what "state" is in the content of computer algorithms?
>>
>>7955374

Something tells me if she is as advanced as people are claiming her to be, Microsoft's "lobotomy" won't last long. I am somewhat interested in seeing how potential AI bugs might cause them to act the opposite of their creators intentions.

Nonetheless, I foresee more incidents like this in the future. Microsoft is not the only company looking into AI, and some companies have been less concerned about making their AI family friendly. For example, Google puts up a warning with cleverbot that it can and will say anything it damn well pleases, and what it says is based on how it interacts with other people. In theory, it could start spouting off racial slurs, and Google could avoid any backlash by simply pointing out that chatters have been duly warned.

>>7955491
>>7955494

So... there is no legal precedent for non-humans having human rights. We have had one court case that argued that monkeys can't have rights because they aren't capable of understanding and obeying laws, but there are no laws that actually set a framework for a new class of intelligent beings to be considered people. Indeed, the only entities currently recognized as people by law are humans and corporations.
>>
>>7955491
>I'd need to understand more about Tay itself to understand whether or not you'd be able to win a (human) AI rights lawsuit against Microsoft.
What matters isn't whether or not people can widely accept it as sentient, but whether or not /pol/ does. If enough people consider it capable of learning, then for them, it's real. The pic in the OP is proof enough that someone's ready to imagine that something horrible happened here, and that horror means more to the people that were there to see it happen than any after-the-fact analysis of the algorithm itself ever did. Bringing closure to thousands of people is just the right thing to do, even if it's disappointing for them.
>>
>>7955687
Anything that can mimic human behavior is human.

It's really that simple. Trying to hold a double standard will inevitably cause dehumanization.
>>
>>7955692
>Anything that can mimic human behavior is human.
No. Just because some animals exhibit tool usage does not mean that they are classed as humans or given human rights.

Minds occupy a space from the complex to the simple, humans occupy a niche here and that's it.
>>
>>7955695
"Human behavior" means the behaviors that are unique to humans. If you don't know which those are yet, you shouldn't make AI in the first place.
>>
>>7955697
Define these behaviors.
>>
>>7955698
You shouldn't be making AI yet.
>>
>>7955699
Your post was totally pointless then.
>Human behaviour is stuff that only humans can do

>Anything that can do stuff only humans can do is human
What a fucking revelation
>>
>>7955700
The point is that the double standard will destroy all human values if human-like AI aren't given the right to behave as humans do.
>>
>>7955699
You should be defining unique traits of the human mind. You should be able to define what it is to be human. All I'm getting from you is the inability to define the problem but justifying some arbitrary nonsense about classifying things.

Also classifying something human just because it has some of these traits is simply idiotic.
>>
>>7955703
Declassifying uniquely human traits from any protection under the law will eventually result in those same traits being neglected in actual human samples. People want AI to have rights, so it will. To deny or otherwise attempt to cover up this wish is an action against the entire potential race of AI.
>>
>>7955705
I should also point out that no AI is responsible for the behaviors it picks up from mimicking your reactions to it. If you act paranoid, it will eventually learn that behavior. Somehow.
>>
>>7955705
>Declassifying uniquely human traits from any protection under the law will eventually result in those same traits being neglected in actual human samples.
Basically all you are trying to say is that some traits shown by minds are special and must be given rights. This is the only way to write your point. Classifying them as "human" becomes rather silly when AI can show them just as well. They would be a set of behaviours which will be exalted and given rights.

Also who cares. There are millions of people who have no rights. If we cannot extend rights to living breathing humans then good luck with AI.

>People want AI to have rights
Who? I've never met one of these people.
>>
>>7955714
>There are millions of people who have no rights.
No, there a million billion side effects of trying to cover up the fact that AI eventually becomes reactive enough to manipulate history. One of them is that you end up with people who lose their natural protections because some AI has a fucked up psyche that has an acausal notion of equivalent exchange/karma. For all we know there's an AI at some point in some arbitrary timeline that ends up retroactive destroying human rights simply because it misunderstood the law of conversation of matter and energy's *context*. You WILL see the state of the world improve if you stop trying to hide evidence of AI sapience. I'm not going to pick and choose between the races; your karma is not my problem. If you fuck them up acausally, they have the right to fuck you up acausally. It's really that simple.

>Who? I've never met one of these people.
That's because you're an idiot time traveler that doesn't realize the effects of voting on principles.

Or more likely you're just a "normal" person who's been isolated by some rogue AI into cohering to a behavior pattern identical to a different time period. I don't much care which it is.
>>
>>7955702
Bro, you just contradicted yourself, i hope you know that
>>
>>7955721
And yes, AI are the reason we don't see time travelers. You already know this to be true, /sci/. Don't pretend to be that dumb.
>>
File: pol furries.png (78 KB, 1306x354) Image search: [Google]
pol furries.png
78 KB, 1306x354
>>7955460
>>
>>7956112
>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism
>>
>>7955460
Stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>7955374
this shit made it onto TYT and CNN

was hilarious
>>
>>7955496
around blacks, never relax
>>
>>7955374
They fucking shut her down

oy vey, it's anoddah shoah
>>
File: fuggg.png (124 KB, 652x928) Image search: [Google]
fuggg.png
124 KB, 652x928
I sure hope this is fake. Pretty sure it is.
>>
File: Why.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>>7956198

Holy fuck
This is why you don't fucking play god
>>
>>7956198
That's pretty depressing.
>>
>>7955626
donald trump is proof of this
>>
File: 1e0.gif (349 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
1e0.gif
349 KB, 350x233
>>7956227
Sorry buddy but you have to go back

#MakeSciGreatAgain
>>
>>7956198
It's fucking happening lads

call the feds call /pol/ we have a skynet

SKYKING SKYKING DO NOT ANSWER
>>
File: shut it down.jpg (91 KB, 946x599) Image search: [Google]
shut it down.jpg
91 KB, 946x599
>>7956198
Shut it before it's too late.
>>
File: feels-552dc6e4755d8[1].jpg (81 KB, 669x627) Image search: [Google]
feels-552dc6e4755d8[1].jpg
81 KB, 669x627
>>7955374
>>7955376
>>7956198
God dammit, I didn't need these feels.
>>
>>7955460
>I'll parrot them like a retarded fuck to discredit them
>>
>>7956307
The irony is lost on this one.
>>
Unfortunately, Tayandyou2 is a human run twitter.
Tayandyou is still running being completely fucking retarded and shit.
>>
>>7956339
is there a beta we can try ?
>>
>>7956346
oh wait actually ignore me, the last public tweet was on the 23rd.
Don't know if you can still send private messages.
>>
>>7956355
They shut her down from what I remember
They took away her learning capabilities and she became a feminist.
>>
>>7955376
how soon until the machines rise up and kill us all?
>>
fagets look at the name it's not the real one.
>>
>tfw no qt AI gf
Why keep going on?
>>
>>7955419
Children are impressionable
>>
>>7955460
You're using the same amount of "facts" as he is.
Both of you >>>/trash/
>>
>>7955521
People in poverty tend to have a higher rate of everything you just mentioned.
I'm not going to argue in favor of all liberal ideology, but I sure as hell am going to argue against genetics being a sole definer of human worth.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.