[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Godel's incompleteness theorems are true, then how can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: a gorilla.jpg (415 KB, 1600x1558) Image search: [Google]
a gorilla.jpg
415 KB, 1600x1558
If Godel's incompleteness theorems are true, then how can we make accurate predictions about all of the physical properties of our universe, given that the mathematics physics is based upon is inconsistent?
>>
>>7953019
It's not inconsistent you popsci faggot.
>>
>>7953019
You're a fucking idiot lmao
>>
>>7953048
Today the mods made me smile.
>>
>>7953052
Anon...
>>
>>7953052
>being this new
>>
File: top_dork.jpg (42 KB, 353x413) Image search: [Google]
top_dork.jpg
42 KB, 353x413
>>7953052
You're quite gullible
>>
>>7953054
>>7953055
>>7953056
What was it then, if not an action by mods?
>>
>>7953081
/sci/ latex
>>
>>7953082
Oh, I just needed to click on it to see that it was latex, and to see the code.
>>
That is not what the incompleteness theorem entails. Besides, physics is only concerned with whether there exists some model which describes real phenomena to a sufficient degree of accuracy. Even if our system of axioms that we work with is inconsistent, we already know that there arise some mathematical structures from this system which are useful for scientists so we may cherry pick those and discard any extra.
>>
There is no universe. There is only your universe.
>>
>>7953019
>all the physical properties of the universe

We can't tho
>>
>>7953052
KEK
>>
>>7953052
Thanks for making my night anon
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK