[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honors Organic Chemistry: Is it any different from regular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1438366352932.jpg (26 KB, 250x267) Image search: [Google]
1438366352932.jpg
26 KB, 250x267
I'm scheduled to take honors ochem next semester. No one I've talked to has taken honors, but everyone complains about ochem. Is it a huge step up from regular? How screwed am I?
>>
>>7950471
Depends what school you go to. Some of my honors classes share lectures with normal classes and we just do extra on the side, some are separate and we cover a bit more/go more into detail/do the same stuff but in a smaller class environment to promote discussion and understanding of the topics
>>
>>7950474
This class is set up with 3 lectures and 1 recitation but there's only 2 lecture/recitation times and 1 teacher while there's around 20 classes for regular.
>>
>>7950483
wat
>>
>>7950502
not that guy but recitation is a discussion or review session
>>
>>7950507
Yes I know, I just can't figure out what he's trying to say
>>
>>7950510
I'm just giving information on how my schedule is set up. It has 3 lectures a week and 1 recitation. There is only 1 professor doing hochem. It's not part of the regular ochem lectures.
>>
>>7950471

Honors means you get a professor who speaks English and far less premed classmates (who will ask if each topic is on the exam and bitch if the professor does anything not on the exam)
>>
>>7950522
Then just ask the professor how different you can expect it to be. If you think it's too much then take the normal O-chem and do your honors requirements in other classes.

>>7950527
A lot of honors is like that as well.
>>
At my uni Honors is more like a high school class instead of a big lecture. Only 20 people or so and the profs try to be more personal with the students. They say it's a "nurturing liberal arts approach."

Personally I prefer big lectures.
>>
>>7950595
Yeah same. I like it because you get to ask a lot of questions, but at the same time I'm doing biomedical science and my honors college forces you to take a couple of lib arts classes. Unsurprisingly they're full of pretentious cunts who spend the whole time bitching about the patriarchy etc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.