[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pop-Sci Shaming General - /PSG/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Relativity Pleb.png (166 KB, 1020x445) Image search: [Google]
Relativity Pleb.png
166 KB, 1020x445
Let's try and improve our board by posting examples of OPs who try to talk about fields science without any meaningful knowledge to support themselves. We have the /SQT/ for pleb shit.

/fit/ has the sticky that newfags can go read, to avoid cancer spreading.

If we aggregate enough examples of pop-sci plebeians, we can educate newfigs on how to post good threads.
>>
File: Relativity Pleb 2.png (139 KB, 1028x216) Image search: [Google]
Relativity Pleb 2.png
139 KB, 1028x216
>>
File: Relativity Pleb 3.png (155 KB, 1317x254) Image search: [Google]
Relativity Pleb 3.png
155 KB, 1317x254
>>
File: Relativity Pleb 4.png (192 KB, 1182x273) Image search: [Google]
Relativity Pleb 4.png
192 KB, 1182x273
>>
File: Relativity 5.png (197 KB, 762x321) Image search: [Google]
Relativity 5.png
197 KB, 762x321
>>
Talking about katana blade folding seems to make many autist froth their mouth.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/iamviewingurvideos/playlists

I'm trying to make playlists with least amount of pop science. If you see any bad videos let me know.
>>
these are all good examples of critical thinking though
>>
i prefer those threads to whiny meta threads desu
>>
>>7950162

They're all good examples of the kind of thought processes that generally go through peoples' heads when learning about relativity.

But they all fail to finish it off with an actual physical treatment of the question which would tell them why they're wrong and teach them something.

They're also all questions which can be easily googled for thorough answer. And which have been answered time and again, even on this board.
>>
>>7950181
>They're also all questions which can be easily googled for thorough answer. And which have been answered time and again, even on this board.

Exactly this, it's why we need to create a sticky of our own, that newfriends can read through, and see what the answer is.
>>
>>7950094
That's kinda true. It won't go faster than light but the projection of the light on the surface after the flick will move faster than light if the surface is far enough. Imagine pointing a laser to the moon and moving it from one end to another. The pointer would cover half the diameter faster than light could.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.